water deposit purifier

Started by HOTSHOPPER, June 20, 2013, 08:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOTSHOPPER

Thanks everyone , great help , defo wont be drinking the water anyway !
Cheers , Bruce .

DaveL

If you have any doubts about the advice here have a look at the "Local skilled tradesmen and women" board, and contact a plumber for guidance. If you have a reverse osmosis kit fitted you should be alright for drinking water, but ask the experts for more reliable advice.

DaveL

byrney

I do what englandmariner does and it seems to work.  We don´t drink it but it does the trick.

I suppose that there are products specifically for that purpose but I worry that my translation of the Spanish instructions might not be 100% and I´ll end up in hospital!!

Elgin

Chlorine bleach (lejía) from Mercadona (or other supermarket).  In Mercadona it comes in a yellow plastic bottle and is quite cheap.  It has the dosage instruction for disinfecting water - 12 drops for every 10 litres of water (with 20 drops equalling 1ml). A bit complicated but comes out at 6ml for 100 litres, 60 ml for 1,000 litres and 600 ml for 10,000 litres.  Try and mix it in well and do not use the water for 30 minutes.

PS this will only kill bacteria / microbes etc.  If the water is chemically contaminated (as per some of the tap water recently) chlorine will not help.

englandmariner

I throw in half of a chlorine tablet every couple of months.

HOTSHOPPER

Hi all ,
   Does anyone know of a product i can get to get rid of any nasties in my water deposit tank , i have just bought a villa , and the water deposit tank is full , the villa hasnt been lived in for a while , the water doesnt smell and is clear , and obviously wont be drunk , but just wanted to be sure its ok for showers , washing up etc !
if anyone knows of a product i can put in the water to make it safe to use and where i can get it from , that would be really helpfull , we are in the Albox area .
Thanks in advance
Bruce