Cholestrol tests

Started by byrney, June 19, 2013, 07:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Thanks for your concern Optimist, but it´s OK.

Basically, following a heart attack nine years ago, one of my medications was Simvastatin.

This, coupled with a reasonable diet has kept my cholestrol in check.

I have regular blood tests and following one in January my GP (in his infinite wisdom - not!) said I no longer needed them and took me off them without any reduction programme.

I have recently had further tests for a different issue and basically the Consultant at HO blew her top with my GP and instructed him to put me back on them pdq as my levels had shot through the roof.

I will be having further regular checks at hospital but in the meantime, for my own personal piece of mind, I wanted a bog-standard check just to make sure that things were overall improving.

Thanks anyway.

byrney

Oooops.  Thanks for that Elle - I´d forgotten that one!

So, even if there´s a chemist in HO that scuppers my plans for today.

But, I have to go to hospital tomorrow and need to starve myself for that anyway so I can kill two birds with one stone!!

Cheers.

Elle Sid

Remember that a cholestrol test to be accurate your need to starve yourself for 14 hours prior, and drink only water (not tea or coffee)

byrney

Hi Folks,

I know that Felix in Albox does Cholestrol (and other) tests.

Does anyone know if there are any chemists in Huercal Overa who provide the same service?