Generator Repair

Started by Suej, June 13, 2013, 16:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suej

Hi Colin,

Thanks for that, I'll pass it on, they are definitely assuming that because it charged there is no problem with the battery.

Sue

ColinC

Sue , the batteries take a pounding here for some reason...I have now had 3 in six years on my genny, next door has had 4! Although they appear to be taking the charge they don't! As Optomist says, try a jump start..!

Suej

Thanks Optomist, i'll let you know what happens... Sue

Suej

I know the battery was fully charged because we charged it for them but no idea how it is. Trouble is we can only pass stuff on or ask other questions when they are in town and have wi-fi or a phone signal, just as well it is summer and remains light for so long for them.

Sue

ColinC

sounds like mine when the battery is knackered !

Suej

Sorry Optomist, we didn't have the full story either, I'll pass what you have said on to them and thank you Spanish Sheep I'll give them the info...

Fingers crossed....

thanks again

Sue

spanish sheep

HI

Hi try these guys in Albox ( spanish speaking only)
Olivares Domene sl opposite the BP garage in albox tel 950 430040
they will fix it for you and they are reasonable on price.

good luck

Suej

Hi again,

Our friends have come back and they still haven't been able to start, they have tried the suggestions from optomist.

They have come back with the following detail of the problem:
When the key is turned in the ignition, there's a click and then nothing, if you try again there's a click followed by a very high pitched whine. The engine is not turning over at all and it doesn't sound as though the starter motor is turning either.

It looks as though its pointing to the starter motor but we only put a new one in last year or the year before.

Any suggestion or info of someone to fix it close to Rambla de Oria would be greatly appreciated. They would rather not try and get the Lorca chap out as it is so far away.

Thanks

Sue

Suej

Thanks Colin ans Uslot...Optomist don't know that much but will pass the question on....

uslot

We had a problem with our genny not starting. It's a petrol genny though so the fix (spark generator) won't apply to your friends.....but just wanted to say that watch out for spares prices. Shop in HO wanted 150e, got the bit for £7 on ebay!?!

ColinC

Quote from: Suej on June 13, 2013, 18:37:42 PM
Thanks Colin, I'll pass that on to them, any directions of how to get there?
Sue

Down the motorway toward Murcia, get off the next turn after Puerta Lumbreas, as you get off the turning turn left at the firt island, within 50 metre there is another island turn left, ie 3rd exit, down to the bottomof that road and it bears round to the right, 1st right again and Clement's unit is on the left..if there is noone in the unit go upstairs to the office..

Colin

Suej

Thanks Colin, I'll pass that on to them, any directions of how to get there?
Sue

ColinC

I use Clemente Rodriguz from Sapre Lorca industrial estate, not cheap but does know his stuff, especially good on himonesa and prymac generators, you will need good Spanish though if speaking on the phone, face to face better as he has tranlator on his 'puter! 968476465..Colin

Suej

Thank you, I'll pass that on to them.. fingers crossed :-)

Suej

Hoping someone may be able to help, friends have just arrived at their house and they can't get their generator to work. Does anyone kmow someone that can help, they have charged the battery. It is a diesel generator, think it is a 5.5KW. they are in the Rambla de Oria.
So the poor souls can't even have a cool beer :-)

Thanks