Creepy crawlies

Started by Carpenter, June 10, 2013, 06:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elgin

We always use Maton.  It's also good for those horrible Giant Centipedes.  Spray it directly on them - they wriggle for a while then shrivle up and die!

Lynne

I must admit that I've never had a problem like that - I've got cream tiles throughout and don't get anymore dirt on the sprayed section.  The smell only lasts an hour or so.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Lorraine

Yep, it is amazing but stinks when you spray it and leaves nasty residues that the dirt sticks to, so you take your choice, bugs or dirt!!

Lynne

You won't regret it, it's amazing stuff.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Carpenter

Many thanks Lynne - yes it is for inside and I have now bought a can of Matron at Essentials in Arboleas. The shop also recommend it.
Many thanks for your help

Lynne

I presume you mean for inside?  I swear by Maton - the one with the orange top.  You only need to spray around doorways once a year and it keeps everything creepy and crawly out.  Longo normally sell Maton, but the last time I went there they didn't have the orange top one and I believe it's the only one that lasts a year.  Try Lepanto and maybe one or two of the English shops still sell them.  I think I paid €5 for the last can.

CT

Weedol works for us, Longo's or the lady ironmonger opposite Jack's Bar in Albox or any garden centre. About €5 for a big spray gun.

Carpenter

Can anyone recommend either an insect spray to spray around doorways or maybe a floor wash containing insecticide?
Also which shop stocks them? Conventional bug sprays do not seem to work.