Where to buy rf controller for pool lights

Started by swithin, May 29, 2013, 21:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optomist

Quote from: Perlies on June 02, 2013, 12:59:11 PM
We rarely turn our pool lights on as the switch is on the other side of the pool and awkward to access in the dark.  Can someone explain how the rc works as there is no plug and socket.  Does it require a professional electrician to install it?  Thanks

Its an electronic switch ( receiver ) somewhere in the power line to whatever device or devices you want to control , they take their operating power directly from the mains or from an internal battery . The switch is activated by a remote ( transmitter ) similar to the remote control unit you use for your TV but without all the functions , normally on/off although they can incorporate a dimmer also .

Its a DIY job once you locate the power line and a suitable dry place to install it , you simply break the power line and wire the switch into it either 1 cable in and 1 out or it could be double pole which would be safer as it would be sure to break the live then it would be 2 in and 2 out .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Perlies

We rarely turn our pool lights on as the switch is on the other side of the pool and awkward to access in the dark.  Can someone explain how the rc works as there is no plug and socket.  Does it require a professional electrician to install it?  Thanks

Lynne

We bought ours from Leroy Merlins, you can use each one for three things - especially good at Christmas for tree lights and other lights in and out of the house - we control our outside lights from inside.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

swithin

swithin

Hi. Can anyone tell me where I can buy a remote control to operate my pool lights instead of using toggle switch in box?. Lights are 12 volt.