headlight beam deflectors

Started by Draco, May 29, 2013, 09:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gus-lopez

Quote from: annef on May 31, 2013, 15:28:25 PM
Maybe we've been unlucky, but we have certainly been caught in queues disembarking at Dover where the police/port authority were checking the headlight alignments.  It's at the UK end rather than the Spanish end of the trip. I don't know what action, if any,  they took against those without beambenders.  :tiphat:

Just a ploy to flog them. Nothing they can do unless the police pull you & give you a notice of intended prosecution.
if you really want to be awkward & it is daylight just tell them the lights do not work as there is no requirement to have lights , obviously excluding indicators & brake lights, that work except during the hours of darkness.

cantabrian

Quote from: cantabrian on May 30, 2013, 17:27:32 PM
Quote from: Draco on May 29, 2013, 11:00:10 AM
Thanks I was hoping not to have to buy on line as I had my card used by a fraudster a couple of months ago going onto online bingo site luckily bank stopped it after a small amount had gone as I had never used betting sites they could only have got the details via internet.

YOU never use betting sites ??? BUT you used a bingo SITE !!????? SAD !

SORRY ! I Read it WRONG !!

Grumpy Gringo

Never been stopped in the UK on Spanish headlights but I was driving a matriculated right hand drive car.

annef

Maybe we've been unlucky, but we have certainly been caught in queues disembarking at Dover where the police/port authority were checking the headlight alignments.  It's at the UK end rather than the Spanish end of the trip. I don't know what action, if any,  they took against those without beambenders.  :tiphat:

guest4538

Quote from: telcaz on May 30, 2013, 18:34:00 PM
I quite often take my Spanish car to the U,K, and never used headlight deflecters, and never had a problem, (and been there for several Months at a time).
                      Terry.

Likewise in reverse: never causes a problem, and the CG don't seem to bother.

telcaz

I quite often take my Spanish car to the U,K, and never used headlight deflecters, and never had a problem, (and been there for several Months at a time).
                      Terry.

Draco

I did not use a bingo site the fraudster did that's why the bank stopped it as I have never used any form of betting or bingo site in my life.

cantabrian

Quote from: Draco on May 29, 2013, 11:00:10 AM
Thanks I was hoping not to have to buy on line as I had my card used by a fraudster a couple of months ago going onto online bingo site luckily bank stopped it after a small amount had gone as I had never used betting sites they could only have got the details via internet.

YOU never use betting sites ??? BUT you used a bingo SITE !!????? SAD !

rozzieb

You will be able to get them on the ferry or at the train terminal, otherwise I have a set you can buy - they were £9.99 from Halfords.

gus-lopez

Why do you need them ? Spanish headlights go up & down. They don't go to the right when on dip.

Draco

annef

We have looked everywhere without success so far.  We found some on sale at the port shop at Bilbao.  We've never been via France, so don't know the situation there.  We resorted to buying them via e-bay  - not too dear and no heavy postage charges.  If you have any contacts in the UK, can they buy you a set in Halfords and post them over??  :tiphat:

Draco

Anyone know where I can buy headlight beam deflectors for my Spanish headlights as I am going back to England for a holiday soon.