Any Rolling Stones fans out there ?

Started by crawdaddy, May 28, 2013, 19:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbaz

and good luck to u crawdaddy, if u love em, u love em

crawdaddy

Personally, I thought they were great last night.  Spoke to a couple of friends this morning who are Glastonbury veterans, and they told me it was such an electric atmosphere building up. The anticipation of seeing The Rolling Stones on the Pyramid Stage.
I appreciate we have different tastes , but I love The Rolling Stones music, and that's never gonna change.    :drinks:
Anyone who's interested. Here's the second half of the show.      :clap:

http://youtu.be/OM51e8Stat8

bigbaz

well i certainly agree with that
but i dont think they have ever been any good as players
i see paul rodgers a lot, he is now 64, hes as good as he ever was
i just dont know how the stones have got away with it all these yrs
the biggest hype in rock n roll history

webejamin

Got to agree with bigbaz mostly. I used to like them in the early days, but like most old stars they should knock it on the head. it was like watching a horror show and they don't play to good either, but full marks for not keeling over.
I've stopped going to old band gigs due to the disappointment I always feel, Greame has it right.
I think it's being in the presence of the old greats that turns people on, not the show on the night.
I feel the same about BB King, Buddy Guy, Peter Green, Bryan Ferry and many more, there are better bands in pubs these days :tiphat:

Ches

Loved them! Absolutely amazing for OAPs! Whatever Mick Jagger´s on I´d like some too please!

bigbaz

they were as usual rubbish
how can anybody say they are any good
they have always been rubbish
wrote some great pop songs but from
what i can see could never ever play
they are just an embarrassment now

hotphot

The Stones have not been in the West Country since they performed at the opening of Stonehenge.  IMO they were pretty good and I am sure the atmosphere at Glasto was amazing :clap:
Mike

crawdaddy

If you don't like 'em,don't bother listening to 'em.
Listen and like whatever takes yer fancy.
Different things for different people.     :tiphat:

awaywiththefairies

Quote from: bigbaz on June 29, 2013, 14:45:21 PM
well im gonna watch it and really hope they prove me wrong cos every video or clip of them ive ever
seen playing live, they are hopeless, in fact they aint even that good
if they are good i´ll be the first to post on here and apologise
here´s hoping

yep Baz I am cringing just thinking about it....but like you I am happy to apologise

crawdaddy

Each to their own Mr bigbaz.     :drinks:

bigbaz

well im gonna watch it and really hope they prove me wrong cos every video or clip of them ive ever
seen playing live, they are hopeless, in fact they aint even that good
if they are good i´ll be the first to post on here and apologise
here´s hoping

crawdaddy

The Rolling Stones playing at Glastonbury tonight on BBC 2.  Micks allowing first hour of show.
Nice clip of Satisfaction from Boston.

http://youtu.be/GE-2_DVkKsY

crawdaddy

crawdaddy

Memory Motel.................one of my fave Stones song. Watch in HD if you can.

Played In Boston last night.    :clap:

http://youtu.be/FmUYR-N1Lc4

tonychris

Fantastic clip from the GREATEST group in the WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! and still the BEST.

laurence24

Hi, seen them 3 times, WHAT a SHOW, fantastic EVERY time. I have always been a huge Jagger fan, and he still looks good for 69,
would love to see them a final tine, if they come out to Almeria

crawdaddy

I like all their stuff from the very early years to present day.
Gotta see them live and up close to realy see how good they still are,but at the ticket prices they charge on this tour,I won't be there.
Fave gigs live were MSG  New York, 2003 and The Point,Dublin and Barcelona around the same year.
The Mick Taylor years, in my opinion,were the best musically and my fave music DVD is 'Ladies and Gentlemen' which is live songs from the 1972 U.S.A. tour.
I hope they give Mick T a few more songs as the tour go's on.
Been 4 max up until now.     :wave   

brf

Good clip. The debate still goes on about Mick Taylor's contribution and whether they were better before Mick, after Mick or with Mick. Personally I like they're work from 1963 to date.

crawdaddy

Been a Stones fan since a kid and seen them about 30 times.

Great gig about a week ago with Mick Taylor on this song which was a highlight of the tour so far.

http://youtu.be/QYEM2Jel38c