Indian Foods

Started by trams, May 28, 2013, 15:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlybill

Trams, I think a visit to Karen4 casa, it would appear thar Peter has every spice under the sun................................may I put in an order for Chicken Tikka Masala, Bombay pots, Sal aloo, rice, onion barge, garlic nan, & popadoms (plain & spicy)....

CB..Punkawoola
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

Elle1971

Ooh lovely Karen - you got yourself a fine man there. Charming AND with cooking skills!! Looks a much better organised cupboard than mine. Mine are all in jam or mayo jars and those squat Colman sauce pots, so really odd sizes - they offend me because they won't fit with my storage OCD. I used to have them all in a deep drawer in the kitchen back in Lanzarote (with labels on the lids - facing the same way of course)... but the drawers aren't deep enough here, so they're awkward to get to in the current cupboard... and Alan mixes them about just to wind me up.
Sounds like I need to up the ante in the cooking stakes when you guys are here for dinner. ;)
Elle xx
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

Karen4

Elle, next time you're over at ours Peter will show you his spice cupboard...those jars on the top shelf are 5 deep and every one gets well used and replenished! Needless to say he will be doing the cooking!
Cl3880

Elle1971

Quote from: Grumpy Gringo on May 31, 2013, 17:03:46 PM
Claire at Girasol has a good selection and
if you want to buy in small quantities try the little green boxes in most of the Brit shops. :tiphat: :tiphat:
Thanks GG. Yup... been sharing our herb/spice buying between The Corner Shop and Girasol... but sometimes I want something a little rarer or in larger quantities as I make large batches of particular spice blends. The little packets are ok in an emergency though. Must pop back to Girasol soon and get some more Bombay Mix though. Yum!
Quote from: Clare Shirley on May 31, 2013, 17:16:00 PM
No problem Elle, that's we get all the spices for Richard's excellent bhuna hmmmmmmmmm
I bloody love that bhuna recipe of his! I've made it a few times now. ;)
Doing a roast chicken dinner tonight.
Elle xx

Queen Clare Shirley

No problem Elle, that's we get all the spices for Richard's excellent bhuna hmmmmmmmmm
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Grumpy Gringo

Claire at Girasol has a good selection and
if you want to buy in small quantities try the little green boxes in most of the Brit shops. :tiphat: :tiphat:

Elle1971

Quote from: Clare Shirley on May 28, 2013, 16:51:35 PM
the cybercafe opposite Ibex insurance has a good selection
Ooh... thanks for that Clare!

Sorry for butting in.

Elle xx

Queen Clare Shirley

the cybercafe opposite Ibex insurance has a good selection
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

trams

Is there a shop (local Albox area)where i can buy
Indian spices to make a base for curry  ie   cumin-- canola oil