local fedex/dhl

Started by soso, May 13, 2013, 19:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandralos

Most of the on line clothing lines  eg  M&S, Next - use DHL, they are a right pain, even if you track them they dont tell you when they are coming and it means staying in waiting for a phone call to meet them at a certain place, they arrive about 14.00.   I am waiting a parcel from M&S and dont know when they are going to deliver!!  a real nuisance.

Elgin

You might have problems if it's coming by Fedex.  I had something sent over from the UK by Fedex a couple of years ago.  However, Fedex have not delivery vehicles in Spain just an office/depot in Madrid.  They handed my package over to Chrono Express (part of the Correos Group!).  When the item didn't turn up when it should I called Fedex in Madrid.  They said they would pass my phone number on (but got it wrong).  I eventually got Chrono Express's tracking number I found that the item was being loaded on the van at say 08.00 and they taken off at 08.01 because the "address was wrong".  Eventually, I found the number for Chrono Express in Almeria (city) and they agreed to bring it Huercal-Overa and I had to meet them in town.  So if it's coming by Fedex keep track of the parcel and be prepared to ring Chrono Express and bargain over where you are going to pick it up from.

My experience with DHL wasn't much better.  When renewing some passports the requirements included sending a map.  However, the driver only realised he had a map after he made me go to Lidl's in Huercal-Overa to pick it up!

CT

Certainly the MRW driver is usually outside the Cajamar branch in Arboleas at 11 am. She will leave parcels there if
you don't turn up so worth checking in there (weekdays only).

Squidge

Most couriers will call you when they are close and arrange to meet somewhere nearby. We have had parcels from Fedex, UPS, DHL etc and they all do the same thing. Saying that MRW normally come to the door.

soso

Hi does anyone know where the local fedex delivery office is as I have a parcel being delivered but my road is unnamed so am worried they won't find it
Cheers