"Watering Hole"

Started by jonno, May 01, 2013, 16:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonno

thanks for suggestions - will look em up when next up there.

cliff

I agree Gus, I always use "La Paz", the BIGGEST and BEST range of tapas in Spain, a proper "Truckers" stop.
Alan.

gus-lopez

If you want to stop earlier, I always use  'La Paz' . Lorry park/petrol station/camp site.Sangonera la Seca Murcia, J-647
Good food , 24hrs day.Good prices.
The ES hotel , Rozzieb mentioned is good as well , just remember not to sit by the windows in restaurant in the summer, you'll get heatstroke ! Plus there is also an ice skating rink normally there in winter(open air) & the ten-pin bowling alley is next door to hotel.

rozzieb

Annef,

So glad you enjoyed it, we travel monthly to UK on business and usually manage to stop either on way there or back, nice food and good price.

annef

Hi RozzieB - although this was not my original post, I ventured forth on a grand expedition to try out the SelfBer Buffet.  Thank you very much for the recommendation - we had a lovely meal and it will be a great place for the kids to stop and stretch their legs and run off a bit of steam on the long journey to/from the airport.  Cheers   :clap:

rozzieb

Junction 620 is great, hotel there has a lovely restaurant, its called Self Ber, as you come off Autovia on slip road its on the right, there is one farther down that road, but its the first one you come to, they do a fantastic buffet, 8.50€ per person, as much as you can eat.

Facilities there [i.e loos] are very good also.

jonno

Hi all
Can anyone suggest a decent, clean service area somewhere off the motorway between Murcia and Lorca (coming from Alicante). Saw a couple of possibles near Totana last week but didnt have time to check em out. Thanks. Not sure if Mods think this is a request for a recommendation, but if so I would welcome a PM. Thanks.