Are all local town halls operating the same policy?

Started by ColinC, April 17, 2013, 15:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinC

Quote from: byrney on April 17, 2013, 16:04:28 PM
I´m afraid Colin that, like me, you probably already know the answer to that one!!!

I know..I woke up shortly after posting it!!

byrney

I´m afraid Colin that, like me, you probably already know the answer to that one!!!

ColinC

This was quoted by Roger from Arboleas today , are all the valley local councils operating the same, does anybody know?

Legalisation licences
« on: Today at 11:51:29 »
I have published a very detailed explanation about obtaining Certificates of Occupation and Legalisation on my web site
www.arboleaslive.com

This can be quite complicated, and the regulation is being amended at a Special Pleno this evening.
It will not come into force for a further 30 days because it has to be published in the Official Boletin.

There are important things for people to consider.

1. What documents do you actually need, and why.
Abogados often ask for documents which are not really needed, and different abogados ask for different things.

2. Ask how much it will cost you before you apply for these documents.
We have cases where some people asked for everything they could get, and then were presented with a large bill.
We are now in the process of producing a simpler regulation which should result in a lower cost to the house owner, but you still should check first.

3. The regulation which requires a Certificate of Antiquity only applies where the constructions are more than 4 years old.
(For new works now it is 6 years, but for existing works it is still 4 years).
In order to legalise constructions which were built without a licence less than 4 years ago will require a Legalisation Project from an Architect, and this will be very expensive (thousands!).

4. House owners who are contemplating making additions to their property should be aware of the problems they will face in the future if they try to sell, if they do not obtain a building licence in advance.
Unfortunately for most constructions this will require an Architect Project, and architects are now charging a significant fee for this work.