ALBOX DISCONNECTIOS

Started by windug, March 12, 2013, 16:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cantabrian

Even the swimming pool (outside ) was OK ,tennis courts and a bar which many years ago had a live band ! Nice then ,NOW DIRTBOX!!!!!!

windug

Well, the power cuts to Albox Council departments has started. I must state that as an Arboleas resident the
   situation in Albox does not affect me directly. Having witnessed in recent years the apparent mis-spending of
   public funds it does not surprise me at all that they are in this predicament.

Take for instance the Traffic Lights, in my opinion a large roundabout would have been much better for the flow
   of traffic, instead of standing waiting for virtually nothing to pass by at times. Probably the running costs would
   have been lower too. Quite a few times when the lights have been out, I have noticed the traffic passing more
   freely, also leaving the little side street at the side of "Lepanto's" would not involve the necessity to go towards
   Mercadona to go in other directions.

Then there is the cost of all that work to "beautify" the rambla, this could have been done at a considerably lower
   cost and without wasting a lot of the parking space that it provided.

Perhaps there would be more money to pay the workers, if these and other fanciful projects had been put in their
   proper place in the priorities. I'm no great fan of Albox as it is.

windug.