Beware Con Men at it again

Started by pepe, February 28, 2013, 16:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartcjhart

Quote from: APY2 on March 20, 2013, 15:53:02 PM
Well done , if everyone took same approach and sent them away so they knew there was no chance then they might start to get the idea pickings are to few and far between to bother with and move on to another area .
nimby

Optomist

Well done , if everyone took same approach and sent them away so they knew there was no chance then they might start to get the idea pickings are to few and far between to bother with and move on to another area .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

mikeh3

The Gas men called at my house in Seron a few minutes ago,wanted to come in to inspect my gas installations. My white husky Max told them to go away. White van,reg 9765 gxy(or gxv). Two young men,clip-boards and paperwork. Just warning. ::)

byrney

Yes Saint, I am well aware that this is a bone fide set of "conmen" supported by the Guardia.

We were told some time ago that they had been given some sort of "licence" from Zurgena Town Hall - although when asked to clarify what this was, the TH were conspicuous by their silence....

I use the word "conmen" (men who cheat people) because of the manner in which they operate - Barnaby summed it up nicely "they were very forceful and intimidating, and tried to enter the front gate without permission" - and the exhorbitant prices they charge, and the way in which they "con" people into believing that their equipment is defective.

So, even if they are "legal" surely their modus operandi is not - they sound not much better than the dreaded double glazing salesmen in the UK, I say, they sound not much better than the dreaded double glazing salesmen.........

King saint 76

@byrney, the guardia were contacted by a neighbour who'd been scammed, they did a thorough check on the company and said that the only thing they were doing wrong was not obtaining appointments, the guardia also said that once you invite them in you have effectively given them permission to check your gas appliances and charge their going rate.
This was a bona-fida company, although there could be some bandits, most work within the law.
The thing to do when they turn up is ask them if they have made an appointment with the property's owners.

byrney

Well I noticed that the Guardia were out again in force today (as they have most of the week) around the Bar International Market, stopping cars.

I am sure they must have been trying to stop these scalliwags.  Let´s hope they catch them soon and put a stop to their unpleasant little game.

barnaby

They were in Calle Canrio, Los Carrascos Thursday 28th Feb, and sent away with a flea in there ear. They were very forceful and intimidating, and tried to enter the front gate without permission. B

Optomist

Quote from: byrney on February 28, 2013, 17:59:27 PM
The rate these two "gentlemen" have been conning people throughout the area (quite successfully unfortunately) I am surprised that they still feel it necessary to drive round in an old Corsa.

I would have thought they would have been able to afford a couple of Porsches by now......

They arnt gonna shell out their hard earned money on a car so i guess their obviously to busy to find the time to nick one .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

byrney

The rate these two "gentlemen" have been conning people throughout the area (quite successfully unfortunately) I am surprised that they still feel it necessary to drive round in an old Corsa.

I would have thought they would have been able to afford a couple of Porsches by now......

pepe

The Bogus Gasmen were in the Taberno and Santa Peta area . I was in my Friends House when they called they said they wanted to come in and look at his Gas because he was one of the first in the area to go on to Natural Gas and they wanted him to pay them 150 euros. They look very Smart in there Uniform but the  old White Corsa Van Reg Number AL 4062 X lets them down . Pass this Information on to your Friends and Neighbour's not everyone is on this Forum .