Pool repair

Started by ACDC, January 16, 2013, 16:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ES

AQUAZUL came out to my 6 year old pool, bodged the autofill casing with filler where the ballcock had moved due to the supply pipe being moved by the sinking patio.  Called them back because the pool was still loosing water and drawing in air.  Aquazul then said "not their problem, patio sinking, go to the house builder".   :head :head 
Builder Procosona said "Go to your insurers and their experts will decide who is at fault",  :rofl: :rofl: then if they are at fault they will put it to their insurers. 
Life is too short to play their games.  Turned out to be the sinking patio that pulled the pipes at the pump/filter box, peanuts to fix but these spannish businesses don't give a toss for their clients once they have the cash.
So my advice would be, do it yourself or get the pool guys and/or builders as recommended on the forum or by friends. 
ES

bejay

This is for all Aquazul pool lovers . I posted before my problems with the  pool and Aquazul providing a 2500 euro estimate to repair skimmers and the pool . WITHOUT SEEING IT I am delighted to announce to the world and especially Aquazul that a pool expert, recommended on this forum, pressure tested the system today and guess what-- there are no problems with skimmers or piping. The pool company advised that it was a structural problem which should be covered by the guarantee. I have emailed Aquazul but am not holding my breath

atnuj

For any pool repairs needed please PM me with requirements, photos, sizes etc.. I'm in Malaga until next week so please do not expect an immediate reply. Note that pools normally need retiling or regrouting  every 7 to 10 years.

Why 2 threads on this ?

atnuj

For any pool repairs needed please PM me with requirements, photos, sizes etc.. I'm in Malaga until next week so please do not expect an immediate reply. Note that pools normally need retiling or regrouting  every 7 to 10 years.
PS - why 2 threads on this one?

sallyb

Anyone any idea the cost of of re-tiling an 8x4 pool.
Phyll

musicdonna

In answer to your question, we would thoroughly recommend Elliott Cripps.  617 588 925.  We asked him to re-line and re-tile our pool as well as put steps in and make a tiled table for in-pool drinks!  His work is superb and we have recommended him to many friends.  You´re welcome to PM me and have a look at our pool if you like, and no, we have no vested interest; I just believe in giving credit where it´s due!

Donna

bejay

the pools not empty . We've let the water settle and its settled below the skimmers but above the lights It looks as though theres a tiny crack on one sid of the pool wall. I'll leave it another week or so to see if theres any further leakage Unfortunately its concreted and tiled all round so finding a leak is going to be fun

byrney

Oh well bejay.  I suppose I expected nothing else really.

I think, like the 10 year new house guarantee in the UK, it´s probably OK for a couple of years or so (we had loads of problems with Barretts after the first two years).  After that, unless you´ve pots of money to take legal proceedings you may as well forget it.

The way I look at it that wé´ve had seven years of total pleasure from our pool which has been more than worth the intial cost!

Good luck anyway.

lmj52

Unfortunately we had the same problem. Denied it was their pool despite their name being on the pump housing. guarantee was worthless.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

just do it

Yes a light gasket is another likely cause, they really are not that complicated, its usaully a case of common sense, look around the pool for any physical damage such as small cracks around the pool edging, or raised tiles anything that looks abnormal and use that as your starting point. good luck

pmac

When our pool leaked it was the gasket around the light that failed

just do it

is the pool empty, if its not and it has settled at a point to where there is no more leaks, i would sugest checking around all the elbows at that height for wet earth, i have repaired a few like this and they are often caused by an elbow joint that has twisted (during a tremor or similar). If you are able i would suggest digging down around the skimmers and jets to expose the pipework the leak will be no lower than the current level of the the pool. pm me if you get stuck, but honestly its usually just a twisted elbow or conection.

bejay

Re Aquazul re my pool leak The pool is 7 years old and Aquazul dont want to know. Without seeing the problem it they have produced an estimate of 2500 euros plus tax  I have been at them for 2 months regarding the 10 year guarantee and they have said that this is not their responsibility so beware with Aquazul They are a total waste of space

bejay

Have a leak in the pool . can anyone recommend a tradesman for repair work

byrney

Yes Wicking, that´s the point I was trying to make - we have an Aquazul pool and wondered what the position would be if ours went wrong within the ten years.  I´ve not heard of anyone being let down by them to date but maybe I´m wrong.

wicking2006

Aquazal pools guaranteed for 10 years, how old is your pool??

drew

Try pool medics. They did a good job repairing our leak at a good price.
Drew

Pick your rut wisely - you could be in it a long time.

byrney

Have you been back to Aquazul?

trishtrosh

Pool Medics did a great job on our friends' pool when it had a leak a few months ago.
Tel: 671220162

ACDC

I am looking for someone to give me a price on fixing a leak in my pool, it is a gunnite sprayed pool by Aquazul but seems to have a leak as it was losing about one small tiles worth overnight, i have dug out the tiles in a number of areas around the pool and exposed the pipework to the skimmers, the soil is damp but there doesnt seem to be a leak, i was trying to get hold of Paul the Pool but the email bounced, if anyone can provide me with his email address or someone who may be able to repair the pool, maybe carry out a pressure test on the pipework i would very much appreciate it, the pool is currently empty.

Many thanks

ACDC