Tongue Lashing from Nurse!

Started by Rach, August 20, 2012, 10:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rach

Thanks Roger.  You're certainly on the ball and have saved me a trip to the Town Hall tomorrow!  I'm sure all the parents of young children in Arboleas and the surrounding areas will be happy to back the Town Hall in getting the added facility of pediatrics at the medical centre.  Do keep us posted!

giz

Quote from: Lynne on August 21, 2012, 11:24:32 AM
It's a dreadful place - there is very rarely a smile or nod from any of the staff, most of them looking glum and miserable at all times, apart from when they're chatting about what they were up to last night and attempting to take blood from you without any concentration whatsoever.  I have to have regular blood tests (part of which were contaminated before they arrived in the laboratory last time) and not once has anybody ever looked me in the eye or acknowledged that I exist - any attempt from me to engage in some sort of conversation is totally ignored. It's THE most depressing place I've come across since moving to this area.

Exactly my experience too and I have only been once,  I hope not to go again   ++=

Roger

Regarding the new Medical Centre in Arboleas, work is starting but it will take around 12 months to complete.

We have ensured that there will be access to disabled, push chairs etc.

The intention is that it will become a sub regional centre covering Arboleas, Zurgena and surrounding areas. For this purpose we plan to get as many facilities as possible, including as a first priority, pediatrics.

However this will not happen automatically. Our experience is that everything has to be fought for, by demonstrating a local need.

Rach

The building itself is depressing with all it's dingy waiting rooms - maybe a few colourful pictures and cheerful piped music might brighten the atmosphere!

As there are lots of children in the Arboleas area, I wonder if the new medical centre will have a paediatrician?  It must be difficult for parents who do not have transport.  I'll make some enquiries.

Lynne

It's a dreadful place - there is very rarely a smile or nod from any of the staff, most of them looking glum and miserable at all times, apart from when they're chatting about what they were up to last night and attempting to take blood from you without any concentration whatsoever.  I have to have regular blood tests (part of which were contaminated before they arrived in the laboratory last time) and not once has anybody ever looked me in the eye or acknowledged that I exist - any attempt from me to engage in some sort of conversation is totally ignored. It's THE most depressing place I've come across since moving to this area.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

awaywiththefairies

that is horrible - I think it is one of the worse things you have to do as a mother taking your baby for its jabs, I hated taking mine and my daughter is the same, she says it almost 'hurts' her as well.  Last thing you need is someone nasty.  I only ever went to Albox a couple of times and from the reception onwards they were always rude and unhelpful.  I would do to H.Overa if you can.

giz

Quote from: Rach on August 20, 2012, 10:13:25 AM
My baby's paediatrician at Albox medical centre arranged for him to have a blood test today at Albox.  While my poor little man was screaming his head off, needle in arm, the nurse taking the blood gave me hell for not going to Arboleas surgery for his blood test.  She said she is busy enough without having to deal with Arboleas residents as well.  I was under the impression that Arboleas surgery did not deal with children and I certainly have never seen any there.  Can anyone please throw some light on this?  My paediatrician (who's on holiday at the moment) arranged the appointment which I explained to the nurse, but my explanation fell on deaf ears and as I left she curtly told me to go to Arboleas surgery in future. I wish I’d blinkin’ well gone to Huercal Overa instead! 

Arboleas wa closed this morning so you couldnt have gone there.   i went to Albox today no one said any thing.  Just depends who you get.   Terible. pmt
  I hope baby is OK.  I think i saw you and your lovely baby.  He did stop crying quickley once he left that awfull room

Rach

Hi Clare

Thanks for your message and advice.  I'm not sure how often Arboleas take blood – two mornings a week I think and you're right, they probably aren't geared up for babies.   I had to go back to Albox again this afternoon for my baby's vaccinations (poor little fella having a day of needles!) and the nurse I saw this time was an absolute darling!  She put my baby at ease and he didn't cry at all.  I was dreading getting the same one we saw this morning (not the one you described) and in future I think I'll just go to Huercal Overa like you did!

Rach x

Queen Clare Shirley

Most nurses are a pain in the backside at Albox , No you don't have to go to Arboleas if you are in a rush then use Albox also if the nurses in Arboleas aren't very good (which can happen) with Children.

When my baby had to have blood tests ever three weeks we always went to Huercal Overa, the one time I went to Albox with her when she was 12 months old they couldnt do it so we went to the hospital.

How often does Arboleas take blood ? Also if the paediatrician arranged there I would have stood my ground and brown nosed saying they are the best here so the doc says

(was she a plump, with short blonde hair by any chance)

Next time dont listen say I was told to come here by the doctor and I always listen to her so here I am.
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Rach

My baby's paediatrician at Albox medical centre arranged for him to have a blood test today at Albox.  While my poor little man was screaming his head off, needle in arm, the nurse taking the blood gave me hell for not going to Arboleas surgery for his blood test.  She said she is busy enough without having to deal with Arboleas residents as well.  I was under the impression that Arboleas surgery did not deal with children and I certainly have never seen any there.  Can anyone please throw some light on this?  My paediatrician (who's on holiday at the moment) arranged the appointment which I explained to the nurse, but my explanation fell on deaf ears and as I left she curtly told me to go to Arboleas surgery in future. I wish I'd blinkin' well gone to Huercal Overa instead!