Translator (medical)

Started by verwood, July 09, 2012, 13:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verwood

Thankyou so much everyone for your replies you have certainly given us a great choice.

juana

Can recommend Antonnio from Gerarboleas -  He is a qualified nurse excellent and reasonable too.  His business is fully registered.

daver

can recommend Vanessa. she lives in Huercal Overa and is very well aquainted with the hospital there. A spanish national she lived in the u.k for a number of years and has very good English.

Vanessa Garcia Uribe

felipe

HAve look on here there are 6 translators advertising on there http://www.valledelalmanzora.info/guide/default.asp

scouseclaire

Quote from: verwood on July 09, 2012, 13:25:35 PM
Being new to the forum, i assume this topic has been raised before, but not sure where to look.
We would prefer an english speaking Spanish translator but obviously this is not essential.
We were going to use a lady that our friends use but she is increasing her prices by 12.5% and we think that 22.50 per hour is a bit high.
thakyou all in anticipation.

Hiya, Kathryn Jeffries and does mostly medical translations.  She was a nurse in the UK so knows a lot of the terminology and knows most of the doctors & nurses in Albox Medical centre.  Kathryn can even make the appointments for you.  Kathryn will be at Total Entertainment in Albox between 1pm and 3pm tomorrow (Tues 10th) if you'd like to meet her or just give her a call.
Claire x

openyoureyes

I know a few fully legal workers (i.e. those that can give you their NIF/CIF etc or happily show you their tax returns on demand rather than those that just "tell you/lie to your face" they're legal) who have also been forced to put their prices up over the last year because work is getting harder to find and they are struggling to cover their monthly social security.  Natural economics. 

And I have heard of a few who are dropping their prices (guess what bracket these folk tend to fall into ?).  Guess what effect this has ?

Everyone wants to pay less as our pensions don't go as far as they used to, but if the tax man doesn't get his money, those of us that continue to remain here in Spain will all end up paying more in the end to cover that shortfall.  The illegals will have saved enough money to leave those of us that want to stay, or are forced to stay, here in the poop ....

Slightly  :notopic: I know but there may be a genuine reason for this lady's hourly increase ?? 

Lesley and Pete

Contact Theresia Scarborow.  She lives in Los Llanos de Arboleas and is a very experienced translator.  Where necessary we have used her for both medical and legal translation and she has been excellent and very supportive in both roles.

Lesley

verwood

Being new to the forum, i assume this topic has been raised before, but not sure where to look.
We would prefer an english speaking Spanish translator but obviously this is not essential.
We were going to use a lady that our friends use but she is increasing her prices by 12.5% and we think that 22.50 per hour is a bit high.
thakyou all in anticipation.