One day to go to Internet Doomsday - Domain Name Changer Trojan

Started by Babyboomer, July 08, 2012, 07:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

Quite right babyboomer. I have checked this out as well. And our shared IP address with eurosatwiz is not infected. But that is not to say that the PC is not.  So will investigate further.

Babyboomer

Quote from: derbydec on July 08, 2012, 07:39:00 AM
Quote from: Babyboomer on July 08, 2012, 07:32:00 AM-or you can link them to this blog
this is a blog.. thought it was a forum ??? ???

I thought this forum was a place that people came to be informed....my mistake for the last 5 years if it isn't.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

derbydec

Babyboomer

Anyone closely following the news might have come across reports regarding netizens that would be disconnected from the Internet after July 9. Media calls this the "Internet Doomsday", and online campaigns asking Internet users to check their systems for a possible DNS Changer infection is, as of this writing, ongoing.

DNS Changer is a Trojan malware that changes the DNS (Domain Name System) of a system to point to rogue servers owned by the criminals. This way, users are redirected to fake pages of any website they visit.

This Trojan has been around since 2007 and it has infected hundreds of thousands of user systems. And since then, users of VIPRE Antivirus has been protected from this threat.

If you're concerned that maybe your computer is infected, please visit http://www.dcwg.org/detect/to get the URL you can use to have your system checked. There's a section on the website where you can manually check for infection, too. Once you have determined that your system is not infected with DNS Changer, please do nothing. If your system is, however, please contact your ISP. Some popular ISPs have already set up help pages for their infected clients. Links to these help pages can be found at at the bottom of the DCWG website.

The site checkers are non-intrusive and Web-based, which means you don't have to download a tool to have your systems checked. Tell your friends and family about DCWG-or you can link them to this blog, if you like-so they can also have their systems checked.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.