Air conditioning units

Started by Cielos, June 16, 2012, 15:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casabonita

Yes we have Haier units, would recommend.
Very quiet work really well on both cold for now and throw out lots of good heat in the winter.
We were told they were middle of the road when we purchased.

musicdonna

There's a Plan Renove in operation for aircon units in both Hiperocio and Electroahorro in Albox.  Or at least there was last week.

CT

According to an advertising flyer I picked up today  Brico Depot have units from €189 to €375 and portables from  €45, Parque Comercial la Cepa, Huercal de Almeria, tel 950 62 56 52, www.bricodepot.es

Dawn

;D

Highly reccomend Martin MD Refrigeration. We have used him several times over 7 years and he is a reliable, honest, clean & tidy worker and he knows his business! But, never make him a cup of tea as he always leaves it to go cold as he is too busy working!

Cielos

Many thanks for all the helpful replies

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

mikeypen

Martin fitted "Haier" units for us , they are priced mid - range and would totally recommend them , DEFINATELY go for inverters as they are much more efficient in power usage but do cost more intially , mess wise not a lot at all , Martin knows what he's at and does a very clean and neat job , loads of people having said exactly the same as me , so that just about says it all on his level of workmanship  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mike ( a satisfied customer )

CT

We had three large units made by a Spanish company called Aux installed when we bought the villa in 2004, living room and two bedrooms. They each have a remote and we have had absolutely no problems. The only (minor) point was all the instructions are in Spanish but well illustrated so you can easily work out what's what.  The company was Oliver Carrion, tel 655 493 348 (bear in mind this is a 2004 number), dealt with a chap called Francisco. Can't remember the cost but my wife says ''It wasn't as expensive as we thought it would be !'' They are very quiet and easily switchable to hot air in the winter.Haven't gone into the running costs but our electricity bill is not abnormal.

Cielos

Thanks Lynne

I will contact Martin and Colin to find out what they would charge me to just do the install if that's the way we decide to go

Any other air con users with info about which units they recommend (and which ones they wouldn't) please comment!

Meant to ask, what about mess?  Silly question to some perhaps, but who fills in the holes in the walls?  Me or the installer?

Also, will I need to upgrade my electricity?  We are currently on 5.5 and I don't fancy having to pay extra to Endesa on a monthly basis, considering we will only be using these babies for a couple of months a year

Lynne

We had all our AC units changed at the end of last year and now have Samsung Smart Inverters which are brilliant.  They're quiet, efficient with a load of options (Smart Saver, Turbo, Quiet, Auto Clean etc).  OK, they might cost more initially, but in the long run they work out cheaper.  We had them fitted by Colin at Cool Solutions who advertises on this forum, and he did a great job.

I can't help you with installation costs because everybody and every house is different, ours were changeovers so the hole in the wall was already there.  He would come and give you an estimate, no obligation.

Tel: 600 621 436 - Email: colincoolsolutions@gmail.com
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Cielos

Thanks Mikey

I plan to have a chat with Martin and also Colin of Cool Solutions, as I've only heard good things about both of them

Before I did that, I wanted to hear from actual owners of units, just to see what brands are the most popular and of course what a fair installation charge is should we decide to buy the hardware ourselves!

mikeypen

Give "Martin" a ring from MD Refrigeration 607364917 , he is an expert in this field and only this field  :clap: :clap: , he will willingly talk you through everything , including manufacturers , install , total costs etc etc , also bear in mind he is also there for any possible service requirements in the future , been here a long time and totally reliable  :clap: :clap:
Mike.

Cielos

Am finally considering air con (although we've always avoided it, due to price and appearance)

Can anyone recommend a good reliable make of inverter (I think that's the most efficient to run)

Am looking at Samsung, LG and Mitsubishi and Hitachi units

If I buy and supply the units (interior and exterior) what would be a fair price to pay someone to install it properly?  I'm talking 1-2 units initially, along with external unit, back to back install, nothing complicated.

Any experience and opinions you have - I'd be interested to hear :tiphat: