<
News:
Come and enjoy Halloween at Almeria Tenpin Bowling. Dance away to IMPULSE. You will need to book a table. October 28th.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 21, 2017, 20:25:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
This topic has not yet been rated!
You have not rated this topic. Select a rating:
Author Topic: Please save your plastic bottle tops  (Read 2917 times)
Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar
phpBB Advanced Member

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2012, 12:52:21 PM »

Please save your plastic bottle tops and drop them off at the Beachcomber when passing. These will help a little girl from Los Gallardos get the lung transplant in the USA she desperately needs. Thank you.

Arboleas Community Forum
« on: June 16, 2012, 12:52:21 PM »

jimmybeen
phpBB Super Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 22:20:48 PM »

I would love this to be true   .......    BUT  ....... have you ever looked up 'plastic bottle tops' on 'Snopes'  web site!!! This is a lovely idea and I for one would make every effort to collect the caps IF I thought it would help, but I fear it may be a very worthy cause but just not a real one.
Arboleas Community Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 22:20:48 PM »

Optomist
phpBB Super Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 23:02:10 PM »

http://www.snopes.com/business/redeem/bottlecap.asp

If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .
Arboleas Community Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 23:02:10 PM »

Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar
phpBB Advanced Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 23:09:36 PM »

Yes I've seen the references but hope the Spanish collection is for real. I have asked for some confirmation and possible proof of it being for real, I'll be the first to post if its not, thank you, John.

Arboleas Community Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 23:09:36 PM »

Geminis
phpBB Super Member

The Terrible Two

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »

I would love this to be true   .......    BUT  ....... have you ever looked up 'plastic bottle tops' on 'Snopes'  web site!!! This is a lovely idea and I for one would make every effort to collect the caps IF I thought it would help, but I fear it may be a very worthy cause but just not a real one.

Us too, but have found this on the Internet: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/plastic-caps-cancer-chemo-hoax.shtml

If you find out otherwise John, would be only too happy to save them.

The "angelic duo"
Arboleas Community Forum
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 09:44:27 AM »

Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar
phpBB Advanced Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 09:51:25 AM »

Hi, it looks like this one is for real and the tops are bought for 300 a ton I'm told. Here is a link to a for sale site in Benidorm and there are mentions of collections being successful in the Benidorm area and one is nationwide as can be seen below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sellyourstuffspain/ (My post yesterday showing pic of bottle tops)

Debbie Turner de Alvarez
I am in contact with aitanas dad the little girl that needed the transplant in Boston. Heart recontruction and lung transplant. She has had the op and is doing Well, still in Boston but doing Well. The company that collected for aitanas family are fundacion seur and they had the whole of Spain backing them and that was why they raised the 130,000 through plastic tops, the other 70,000 was through fundraiser events. I Did ask seur but they now have a Waiting list and told me next year which is no use to us (they were VERY rude and unhelpful) so that is why i have been going around everywhere asking for their help in Our community, we are benidorm and they are Spain which is unfair in My opinion and the FACT that they keep using aitanas name when REALLY in this moment in time aitanas had her op etc..... Yes she needs a further op but cannot have it till later when she fully recovers from this one. Please find out Who collects your tops from your drop off and if it is seur Please remember there are Kids in Our community needing the support i.e Keira and the lil boy mentioned above luca. Thank you.

please help collecting them unless I find out otherwise, John.

Arboleas Community Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 09:51:25 AM »

sandra
phpBB Advanced Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »

Plastic bottle tops are being collected in this area for the Lazarus Project. This is to help a local Albox man ( there has been a post on here already) Rizos have a box in the shop as do several other shops/businesses in Albox.
Arboleas Community Forum
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »

Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar
phpBB Advanced Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 14:29:08 PM »

Proof I hope not all are hoaxes https://www.facebook.com/taponesporlaat.aefat
John.

Arboleas Community Forum
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 14:29:08 PM »

Beachcomber_Bar_Mojacar
phpBB Advanced Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 14:36:18 PM »

And another one with a little girl that has already had her heart and lung operation thanks to bottle tops (In part no doubt) time to start collecting folks, John.

From the Benidorm area.

Debbie Turner de Alvarez I am in contact with aitanas dad the little girl that needed the transplant in Boston. Heart recontruction and lung transplant. She has had the op and is doing Well, still in Boston but doing Well. The company that collected for aitanas family are fundacion seur and they had the whole of Spain backing them and that was why they raised the 130,000 through plastic tops, the other 70,000 was through fundraiser events. I Did ask seur but they now have a Waiting list and told me next year which is no use to us (they were VERY rude and unhelpful) so that is why i have been going around everywhere asking for their help in Our community, we are benidorm and they are Spain which is unfair in My opinion and the FACT that they keep using aitanas name when REALLY in this moment in time aitanas had her op etc..... Yes she needs a further op but cannot have it till later when she fully recovers from this one. Please find out Who collects your tops from your drop off and if it is seur Please remember there are Kids in Our community needing the support i.e Keira and the lil boy mentioned above luca. Thank you

Arboleas Community Forum
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 14:36:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: