Printer/scanner/copier

Started by Wendy, May 29, 2012, 07:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i-cafebar Huercal Overa

Yes great tip look at the price of replacement cartridges before buying any printer !

We sell Standard Compatable HP or Lexmark cartridges around €20-40 for a set.

We sell Epson compatable carts at an average of €3-4 each and €10-15 for a full set, in stock to take away!

I-cafebar.com

Lynne

Quote from: The Sheriff  ILLIA. on November 03, 2012, 08:20:52 AM
Hank,

I don't think you will find them any cheaper there than in Albox ???

and it's a lot nearer to take it back if there are problems ?

But at least you have a great choice there.  We went to Dynos a few weeks ago and they only had one to show us, and to the computer shop near Longos and they had three.  They had in excess of 60 to choose from in Lorca.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Hank,

I don't think you will find them any cheaper there than in Albox ???

and it's a lot nearer to take it back if there are problems ?
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

hank

Thanks Sheriff y todo. Just looked more closely at the cartuche website and it is 'equivalent' carts. Sorry all. Thought we'd struck gold there.
We're off to Lorca tmrrw to see if we can source a replacement printer. I'll let you know how we get on. Hank n Seashoresheil.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

Optomist

I got a Netgear WGPS606 Wifi router to connect up to 3 computers/laptops etc to up to 2 printers , never used it .

Any Offers ???????
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Alnamabaz

Hi all,

The company I use for my ink cartridges is Incredible.co.uk. Their cartridges are really good and cheap. They supply to Spain free of charge and are very quick. I recommend them.
Hope this helps
Lissie

jonno

I have a Dell all in one - works well but I have probs with ink replacement. Can only buy thro Dell and wont work with topped up cartridges.

Talking Heads

Epson everytime.

If its a very new model from Epson it will take a few months to a year to get the compatible carts to reach the market.
If the Epson printer does not like "Compatible" copy carts there is a programme called SSC utilities (www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml )
This also list the models it supports.
This cleans programme the heads , resets the counters and allows you to use copy carts.
In every case there will be a pop up message when printing to say the carts are not genuine and you just click OK.
I have 3 Epson Printers DX3800, DX3200 and a SX225 and all run with copy carts with SCC for a few years with very few issues.

Steve
DJ to the Almeria Stars..............

The Sheriff ILLIA.

seashoresheil,

I have just changed to a Cannon 3 - 1 Printer - because my Epsom stopped accepting the cheaper lookalike cartridges - it would not even work afterwards with genuine ones in.

Not wanting the same problem again I decided to go onto having the original cartridges refilled - only to find with Cannon - although they will work - they will not register with the printer - so every time I now try to print - I now get a ' Short of Ink ' message even though it is full.

Having read the Manual { which you cannot do before buying } it states quite clearly - if you remove a cartridge for any reason and replace the same cartridge - the Ink Level function will not operate !!!!          It will only function if a New Genuine Cartridge is installed.

So if the cheaper Cartridges you have found on the net are not genuine - maybe you will have the same problems ?
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

seashoresheil

el bow & anyone else.
We're also looking for a replacement printer after an ink spill in transit stopped ours from working.
Had a look at printers in Albox. A Canon printer was €64 (with ink), but the 5 replacement ink cartridges came to €70!!
Following research we came up with the following site which showed a price of under €20 for the same 5 ink cartridges.
www.cartuchos-tinta-toner.es
Hope it helps.
Anyone got any reccos re a 3 -in-1 wifi printer. I take John'n Sues thoughts on the Kodak but I've never been impressed by Kodak stuff before so I'm a little hesitant. Any other thoughts anyone? Thanks. Hank.

temasek

Thank you , Fred
Have sent you a PM.
W.R.L.F.C.

temasek

Thank you Fred, John and Sue for taking time to reply.
:clap: :tiphat: :wave
W.R.L.F.C.

John and Sue

I have done a lot of research because it was cheaper for me to buy a new printer than replace the ink.
came up with Kodak hero 5.1 from Amazon, they free post to Spain cost around 60 pound and the ink is so cheap its not true.
if you want a cheaper model they do one also.
It is wi fi and easy to set up.

Cheers John

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Epson  are usually a bit more to buy initially  -  but this Inks are considerably less to buy especially over the Internet.

Brother is also another worth looking at for the same reasons.

When you go for a cheap to buy printer - it is sometime a throw away when the inks runs out because you can buy a new printer cheaper.

Check out Dynos down near the Suspension bridge Albox.
Fred Sheriff.

temasek

I should also appreciate advice on exactly the same thing .Thank you in advance.
W.R.L.F.C.

el-bow

I would look at the price of the Ink for what ever model you decide on, i bought a Canon from argos in the sale & it cost me £50 then i found out the ink was £48 !

Wendy

Looking to buy new printer/scanner/copier. Usually used to print off boarding passes , the occasional document and some photos. Thinking about wifi as well. Recommendations please as well as the best place buy it in the Arboleas area. Thank you.