Problems with Skype Dualphone

Started by T1na.a, March 12, 2012, 11:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T1na.a

Has anyone else had problems with their Skype Dualphone 3088 (no computer required)?

Last week it kept cutting out when I answered the phone.  Then the batteries where totally dead.  I replaced them with some used rechargeables but had the same problem so bought some new ones.  I charged them on a charger so I knew they were fully charged but the phone still showed them as fully discharged and refused to connect to Skype.

Today I contacted the manufacturers who claimed this was a fault with this phone connecting to Skype and Skype were working to resolve the issue.  They also said that it was region dependant.  The thing is, that because of the symptoms, it could just appear that the phone has become faulty, rather than a service issue.

On further investigation, I found a Forum where others were complaining of the same problem (not in Spain).  One guy said that he had downgraded the firmware to version 245.  I have done this this morning (takes a while) but can report that the phone is now functioning and has started to charge!!!

I would be interested to hear f anyone else is having this problem.

Tina