Worrying phone calls

Started by togo11, January 22, 2012, 15:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nina

I also recieved one of these phone calls from Microsoft, asking for details on my laptop, as I had a virus that was affecting Microsoft main frame, he wanted my password so they could get remote access to my hard drive, when I said no he said that my little ole laptop would be responsible for bringing the whole Microsoft network down,  yeah right!!! I just laughed and hung up. 
My dog's not spoiled ... I'm just well trained !

Big Bad John

:police: When I get these calls I do not hang up I just lay the phone down, The caller's line is then blocked and they are paying for the call until you clear the line.  :redcard:
BigBadJohn.

temasek

I have had 2 of these calls now and so has my elderly friend in UK. When she answered the phone to them she told them she did not have any trouble with her windows, that they had double glazing. She then acted dumb and strung them along for ages. Pretending to have difficulty going upstairs etc (tik ure time madam!!! said the conman) until eventually she blasted them into orbit.Her 80 year old husband then appeared with a trumpet he had purchased in the Pound Shop.
As for me, I have my whistle next to the telephone , ready for their next call before 7.30 a.m. on a Saturday morning.
P.S. Forgot to say, we are also with Iberbanda
W.R.L.F.C.

el-bow

Hi, If you go to that shop in Vera that sells car spares you can buy one of those air horns with a gas cannister attached, buy one & the next time he rings give him a large blast down the phone , its worked for me on several occasions  :clap:

Sue Sweet

My Dad in the UK (aged 83) also had one of these calls and they told him his computer should be checked and he asked them where his computer was?
They asked him what he meant and he said that he had never bought one so where was the one that they were enquiring about. They were so muddled by the end of the conversation they just said goodbye and he hasn't heard another thing. Must be something to do with telephone lines as Dad doesn't have SKY or anything. Other people in the area had also had the same thing so it is just doing the rounds at the moment.
Sue Sweet

tandas

My 91 year old Dad who has the Sky package but no computer has had a phone call this morning telling him he has a problem with his computer he promptly said 'yes it needs a new elastic band fitted!'  and hung up on the Indian gentleman on the other end.   No more phonecalls!

swithin

I have also had these calls twice?, they asked for me by my partners surname!!. As her name is on the Iberbanda phone bill it would suggest they are selling mailing lists!!!!. As every other bill is in my name, this is the only conclusion I can come to?. I wonder if every one else having this problem are also Iberbanda customers!. I told them I knew about the scam and hung up.

Swithin

mikeypen

"Cantabrian" NO the whole coversation was in English , however the caller was certainly NOT English  ???

Casa Rosa

A customer of mine got one of these calls while I was with them the other day. When they told the caller they had a computer engineer with them and would get me to check for Malware while I was there they hung up. The number came from the czech republic

cantabrian

DID this conversation take place in complete spanish???

mikeypen

"Yes" I have as well !!!!! They said they had got my number from registering the laptop ????????????? Total C---  :head , as I know it is not registered at all ! , I questioned them and after a hesitant reply claimed they were from Barcelona ! I told them I was able to trace there call and they put the phone down - BEWARE  :police: :police: :police:
Mike.

The Sheriff ILLIA.

togo11,

It is a ' Phishing Scam '  -  Tell them in plain language to    go away    & then hang up.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

lmj52

Hi,
Yes there have been previous threads about this. :tiphat:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

togo11

Hi...I just wondered if anyone is rec or heard of anyone rec tel calls from someone saying they are from "Microsoft" and saying ..." Hello ...theythen ask for me by name...tel me it is microsoft calling and saying that as I have windows something or other on my PC was I aware that some Malaware software had been loaded onto my PC...they then want me to turn on my PC so that they can tell me where to look to prove whats been downloaded!!!....up to now I have had at least 5 tel calls...with Indian sounding accents...to be honest I have given them a few mouthfulls telling them I am not so stupid as to do what they ask!!!...they even told me they were ringing from California!!!...but they dont give up.

I have played along with them to get more info...ie how do they know my name, how have they got my phone number etc....and the answer is they reckon I registered it with microsoft when I bought my Dell laptop...which I didnt as my Laptop went to an address in the UK not Spain!!!

So just wondered if anyone else is being plagued in the same way.

Thanks