Foro de Arboleas in House Fantasy League

Started by felipe, August 26, 2011, 10:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

Looking forward to it. Be good to get even more players interested in it. It is good fun, watching the teams each week then having to decide who to play, who to buy every week.

cactus jack

The second season of Fantasy football is nearly upon us. We have set up 2 leagues this season. The first is the same as last year a league based on your cumulative score for the week. The second is a head to head league based on the same format that Graham set up last season however the fixtures and score are worked automatically by the FA Premier League and shown as per the other league.

We also would like to make the entrance fee for this season 10e this would enable us to give better prize money to the two leagues and to have some prize money for a cup competition that will also be run in conjunction with the league scores. It will only be 10e if enough players take part and if the majority want it. Otherwise it will remain at 5e, please let me know by PM what your preference is.

To first step for any new to this is to log into FA Premier Football League Fantasy Football.
Once you have selected a team you will need to go to 'Leagues'. Select 'Join private league' and enter the number 326257-90527(league based on cumulative score). You will then need to complete the same league procedure again and enter a second number 326257-90546(league based on Head to Head score).

The collection of entry fee will be sorted a little later in August when we have an idea of how many players wish to take part.
Any questions or problems please PM me.

Thanks
Andy.

cactus jack

The second season of Fantasy football is nearly upon us. We have set up 2 leagues this season. The first is the same as last year a league based on your cumulative score for the week. The second is a head to head league based on the same format that Graham set up last season however the fixtures and score are worked automatically by the FA Premier League and shown as per the other league.

We also would like to make the entrance fee for this season 10e this would enable us to give better prize money to the two leagues and to have some prize money for a cup competition that will also be run in conjunction with the league scores. It will only be 10e if enough players take part and if the majority want it. Otherwise it will remain at 5e, please let me know by PM what your preference is.

To first step for any new to this is to log into FA Premier Football League Fantasy Football.
Once you have selected a team you will need to go to 'Leagues'. Select 'Join private league' and enter the number 326257-90527(league based on cumulative score). You will then need to complete the same league procedure again and enter a second number 326257-90546(league based on Head to Head score).

The collection of entry fee will be sorted a little later in August when we have an idea of how many players wish to take part.
Any questions or problems please PM me.

Thanks
Andy.

steveegee

I would just like to express my thanks to all those that participated in the inaugral FFL and special thanks to Phil and Graham for all their hard work in organising it. i am very much looking forward to locking horns again next season when I hope that both me and my team (CFC)  can get off to a better start! But it's been a good season  - both "The Specials" and CFC have won something and fingers crossed for Saturday night in Munich (altho I shall be golfing in sevilla, I hope to find a TV somewhere).
Unfortunately I don't live close enough to Albox to make the party on the 26th so please can I ask that Andy or Phil retains 5 euros of my winnings to enter next years league. I would like to donate the balance to the fund raising event on the night - Help for Heroes.
Thanks again,
Steve Gilmore

cactus jack

The Inaugural season of the 'Foro de Arboleas Fantasy football league has drawn to a close. Thank you to all who took part we hope you enjoyed pitting your wits against like minded football fans in Arboleas and Albox. The seasons winners are listed below.

Top 3 league.

1st 80e  Tricky Trees 2,113pts      Dennis Richards

2nd 25e Thisldome 2,060         Graham White

3rd 15e  Baggie Boyz 2,044     Andy Taylor

Head to Head League.

1st 15e The Specials       Steve Gilmore

FA Cup winner

Tricky Trees                    Dennis Richards.

Congratulations to all the winners especially Dennis who managed to storm the last 3/4 weeks and eventually win the league by a good margin. He finished with a total of  2,113 points and was 33,525 out of 2,782,949 a very creditable first effort. For good measure he also won the FA Cup unfortunately there was no prize money allocated for this competition as it started after the start of the season.

The head to head league was won by Steve Gilmore who again came with a late run of good results to ease away from Graham (Thisldome) who at one point was a long way clear.

Top female was 'Lady Villain' who topped the league for one week then it all got to much for her and she dropped to mid table obscurity. Two wooden spoons were collected by Bob and his  'Kashmir Cloggers' who managed to finish bottom of both leagues.

Special thanks also go to Graham who decided to work out and plan the Head to Head league that ran in conjunction with the official league, he put that much work into it we thought it deserved a prize at the end of the season.

I have checked with Phil he would like to give out the prize money to the winners at the Forum Party on 26th May if anyone has a problem with that please get in touch so other arrangements can be made.

I hope all who took part enjoyed the experience and will be willing to enter next seasons league which we hope will be bigger and better than this years. We will post more details of how to enter closer to the start of next season, enjoy the summer sun.

Andy. :tiphat:  

Jellybaby

Quote from: Jellybaby on March 31, 2012, 13:15:37 PM
Fixtures for the last 7 weeks. and latest results and table for week 38
Graham

Jellybaby

Fixtures for the last 7 weeks. and latest results and table for week 38

felipe

As Andy has mentioned Graham has devised a great spreadsheet so that we can also enjoy an inter team competition amongst ourselves. Each week I will post a couple of days after the last match of the weekend the Current Table and also the following weeks fixtures.  This weekend sees the final matches before the international break. The next Prem matches are on the 10th September.

To see who you are playing or have played. The teams have been listed in alphabetical order and allocated a number.  That number is what you are represented by in the fixture lists.  There is a 28th 'bogey' team to make it even numbers. Every week someone will play that team.

Just a bit more fun to keep us on our toes re team selections :)  I suggest that all of you click on the NOTIFY Button at the bottom right of the this post.  You will then receive an email to say when a new post has been made on here.  Phil