Foro de Arboleas in House Fantasy League

Started by felipe, August 26, 2011, 10:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactus jack

The third season of the 'Foro de Arboleas Fantasy football league has drawn to a close. Thank you to all who took part, I hope you enjoyed pitting your wits against like minded football fans in Arboleas, Albox and Vera. The season's winners are listed below.

Foro de Arboleas Fantasy Football League.

1st Tricky Trees              Denis Richards  75e  :clap:

2nd UD Stoke                  Kieron Rogers  30e

3rd Lilleywhites               Chris Tyler      15e

Head to Head League.

1st Tricky Trees             Denis Richards 40e  :clap:

2nd Simply the Best        Sarah Tyler     20e

FA Cup

1st Lady Villian               Deborah Taylor 20e  :clap:

2nd Lilleywhites              Chris Tyler 10e

Congratulations to all the winners especially Denis who led us all a merry dance winning the double of both leagues. The main league he had settled a long way from the finish, leaving the battle for second place. There were 4 teams playing for the minor honours Trent Enders, UD Stoke, Lilleywhites & Lady Villian. Trent Enders had held the spot for the majority of the season but let it slip away during the last 3 weeks of the season and the never say die attitude of both UD Stoke and Lilleywhites just edged him out of the top 3. But it was very close with only a few points separating the three.

The H2H league was also a one horse race as Denis romped to an easy victory. The second spot was  closely fought out, during the last 3/4 weeks anyone of 7 teams were in with a chance. The final weeks saw a change to the format, it switched to a knockout phase and after all views were canvassed a decision was made which saw the 2 finalists playing out for the second place prize, on this occasion Simply the best got the better of Lilleywhites, Sarah beat Chris, well done Sarah.

The in house FA Cup Competition very well organised by Graham on the basis of the real FA Cup was another closely fought contest with Lady Villian just getting the edge over Lilleywhites in the final week by the slender margin of 5 points, well done Deb.

The two wooden spoons were collected by Kevin Taylor who managed to finish bottom with his team Real Thing and top football expert Gary Mcrae who showed he is no Pochettino as he finished bottom of the H2H league with his El Santos team.

Special thanks again go to Graham who worked out and planned the FA Cup competition, also to Kieron who it looks like rounded up all his family and friends to boost the numbers.

Enjoy the World Cup,cricket and the summer sun.

I will pm the winners regarding collection of winnings.

Andy.    :tiphat:

Biggin

I am happy with that I do not like this break to quarter final etc  Pay TT  and then as suggested

kieronjill

Totally agree with this way forward. I will pass this information on to the finalists. I am pleased both 'winners' will be rewarded.

felipe

cactus jack

Thanks for all the replies and PM's. (Enough have made contact for views to be obtained)

Firstly there is nothing to set straight no blame is being attached to this dilemma we find ourselves in, Phil set up the league in the same way he did in the previous two years. We are where we are. Contacting via email is not a viable proposition, I think most of the new players came via Kieron so I am sure he will inform them of what is happening.

I have taken all the views on board and the major concencus of opinion is to pay the winner of the game we are currently playing (the KO game). However Kieron makes two very valid points the distance TT was ahead he could not have been caught with 3 games remaining and the two new players to the game who have ended up in the final.

So with this in mind my suggestion is pay TT as the winner. This leaves 7 players who COULD have finished 2nd playing out the current game. The winner of that will be paid the 2nd place money.

Once again anyone with serious objections please contact me.

Andy.

felipe

I suggest that someone emails all the players and asks for an agreement. Not all may look at the forum and be aware of the change.

kieronjill

I have taken a look at the Premier League site, Create a new Head to Head League. There are a few settings to complete, Name of League, Scoring Starts from, Maximum Entries and finally Knockout Rounds. The Knockout Rounds settings/rules! can be adjusted to one of four positions. None, One, Two or Three.
Its these settings that determine the outcome at the end of the season. This is where the problem arises. Either by an selection oversight or Computer malfunction. I don't suppose it matters now. Do you reward the winner of a competition we thought we were in or the winner of a competition we were actually in.
The Tricky Trees team performed to the best standard throughout the season in the Classic League and clearly would have won the Head to Head League as well. Denis played an absolute blinder and was by far the number One Manager. However, the two teams remaining in the Knockout Rounds are new to the Arboleas League and unaware of previous private league settings. They will see the results on the official Premier League site and one of them will win the competition. What do you tell those guys. Forget the outcome of the Knockout Rounds! There's been a mistake.

felipe

I want to put something straight. When setting the H2H league up nothing, was changed from last year's settings.  I did not know that there would be a semi and a final at the end.  As far as I was aware EVERYTHING was exactly the same as the previous two years.   It was just a matter of reentering the league. My own view is that as it was what everyone was expecting that is what you should be doing.  There is nothing in the rules to say that you HAVE to abide by the rules of Barclays.  Especially as no one was aware of the change.  Just pay the guy that wins.

Realred

Like many others it would seem, I was unaware of the "end game" to the H2H league this season, and had I known before the final 3 games may have made changes to my team accordingly, especially as I was 11 points in front and therefore "unbeatable" with 3 games remaining. However, I do not want to be accused of sour grapes or unsporting behaviour, so I am quite happy to go along with whatever the powers that be decide on this occasion. Hopefully we will all be put in the picture regarding next years format BEFORE the season gets underway. I still think it strange that a head to head football league is decided in this manner. I thought that only happened in Rugby Union to generate more revenue. Thanks to all for another exciting and competitive season, especially to that "other" Forest supporter who has badgered me all the way to the finish.

Denis Richards (Realred) 

kieronjill

When forming the Head to Head League there are options of how you wish the H2H to be decided (come the end of the season). I believe there are actually three options available to choose from. So, since Gameweek One we have been playing to the selected format. It's perhaps not what we expected, but I suggest we play by the Premier League rules and honour what was submitted to them.
I agree, 100% unfair on Tricky Trees. But, we have mistakenly been playing a Head to Head that was always going to have a different ending then previous seasons. Its impossible to stop the Official outcome and it should run it's course.  Surprisingly none of us spotted this error until the final stages!

John and Sue

Hello Andy
I agree with you totally.
can you work it out as you did last year. god knows why they have changed it this time of the season. Give Tricky the money.

Cheers John    Up the Baggies 

cactus jack

It would appear that the people in charge of running the PL FF have decided to make a change in the way the H2H league is finished during the last 4 weeks of the season.

They have put the top eight teams into a play off knock out scenario instead of letting the season play out and run it's course. This means that the winner could be the team that was in 8th place when this move was made. In the absence of any fixtures for all teams below the top eight, I have no choice but to pay the H2H winner and runner up as per the finish shown by the official FF H2H league table at the end of the season.

I personally am not happy with this as Tricky Trees was well clear and deserves his reward, but as we never know what the final outcome would have been and second place was up for grabs with a number of teams in contention. I feel the above is the only fair way of doing it (Sorry Dennis).

If anybody strongly disagrees or has another realistic solution please pm me. This did not happen last season and there was no warning that it would change this season.

Good luck for what is left of the current season

Andy.

cactus jack

21 teams have taken up the challenge of year 3 Foro de Arboleas in House Fantasy Football. Several regulars have fallen by the wayside offering a number of excuses, but we now have a team entered by our resident football expert S76 who has picked up the gauntlet and is running very fast after me.

So welcome to all the new managers who are pitting their footballing knowledge and tactics against the forum regulars.

21 teams means 210e in prize money distributed at the end of the season. If there are no objections we will be keeping the league prize allocations exactly the same as last year and adding a winners prize for the Cup competition.
Main League
1st 75e
2nd 30e  
3rd 15e  

Head to Head League.

1st 40e
2nd 20e

FA Cup

Winner 20e
2nd      10e   (Graham has agreed to run it, it starts in January and is run in conjunction with the Real FA Cup. 

Money received from Kevin Taylor, Ann Gilkison, Billy Boyd, Denis Richards....Thank you. That leaves two teams to pay circumstances of which I am aware.

Thanks to all and good luck

Andy (not bottom of the league now but will be by next week and used my wildcard, Wolves he we come)

cactus jack

We have 20 teams registered on the eve of the new FF season. 

All the details required to enter/join the two leagues are contained within my previous posts. The entry fee remains at 10e, this can be left at Amigos Bowling Centre with a member of staff in a sealed envelope addressed to Andy or Phil (Please put your details either inside or on the outside)

There are 6 teams that have not yet paid the entry fee please take steps to do so, or inform me of any problems they may have in doing so. We try to collect it in prior to the start of the season so we can determine the prize fund early. I have found in the past that teams that make a poor start disappear and don't pay.

PM me if you require any further details or help with registering. Synstar (Mike) collected your entry fee last night, thanks.

Good luck

Andy. (Up the Albion) :clap:

suffolkpunch

suffolkpunch

Hi.

I cant make 211796-58125 work, any tips.

cactus jack

:clap: ATTENTION ALL FOOTBALL FANS FANTASY FOOTBALL IS BACK. :clap:

The third season of Forum Fantasy football is nearly upon us. We have again set up 2 leagues this season. The format will be the same as last year a league based on your cumulative score for the week. The second is a head to head league where each team plays another within the league the fixtures and scores are worked out automatically by the FA Premier League and shown as per the two league tables.

The entrance fee for this season will be the same 10e this will enable us to award prize money to the two leagues and encourage some competition..

To first step for any new player who wishes to enter is to log into FA Premier Football League Fantasy Football website and follow the instructions for registering a team.

Once you have selected a team you will need to go to 'Leagues'. Select 'Join private league' and enter the number 211796-58097 ( This is the league that is based on your teams cumulative score throughout the whole season).

You will then need to complete the same enter private league procedure again and enter a second number 211796-58125 (This league is based on your teams weekly score against another nominated teams weekly score. It is known as a Head to Head league). Once you have completed those tasks you are ready to play. One tip to save time is to click on the AUTOSELECT button, this will pick you team automatically and allow you to register a lot quicker, you can then change your team as many times as you like up to 11.30 am on the first day of the season.

The actual entry into the FA Premier League is free. The 10e entry fee we charge allows entry into both private leagues and will be distributed in full to the winners and placed teams at the end of the season.

Anybody wishing to enter this seasons leagues can send me a pm outlining their participation. 10e entry fee can be left at Amigos Bowling Centre Arboleas, in a sealed envelope. Please write your name and team name on the front and address it FAO 'Andy or Phil' and leave it with a member of staff.

Any questions or problems please PM me. We have 6 teams already registered including last seasons winner LADY Villain.

Thanks
Andy.

cactus jack

The second season of the 'Foro de Arboleas Fantasy football league has drawn to a very well contested closure. Thank you to all who took part, we hope you enjoyed pitting your wits against like minded football fans in Arboleas, Albox and Vera. The season's winners are listed below.

Top 3 league.

1st 75e  Lady Villain       Deborah Taylor  :clap:

2nd 30e  Baggie Boyz     Andy Taylor

3rd 15e  UD Stoke          Kieron Rogers

Head to Head League.

1st 40e Baggie Boyz       Andy Taylor

2nd 20e  Calthis            William Johnston

FA Cup winner

Calthis                          William Johnston

What a finish to this seasons leagues. Congratulations to all the winners especially Deborah Taylor (Lady Villain) who led the league from early September and proved to strong and knowledgeable, for the rest of us and showed that football is for girls. She finished in 35,751 place out of a field of 2.6 million.

A good battle emerged for the minor places between Kieron and his UD Stoke team who must have thought he had second place sewn up. Andy's  Baggie Boyz & Williams Calthis were playing for third place, however a second half hat-trick in the last game of the season by a WBA player (on loan from Spartak London) enabled Baggy Boyz to creep past UD Stoke into second place by a mere 2 points.

The H2H league was also closely fought out, during the last 3/4 weeks anyone of 6 teams were in with a chance of winning it. The final weeks fixture drew Calthis the current leader against Baggie Boyz who was in third, a Baggie Boyz victory saw him sneak the title on points difference from a gallant Calthis.

Calthis did win the in house FA Cup Competition.

The two wooden spoons were collected by Rob Gaunt who managed to finish bottom with his team Romans Empire and Top DJ Steve King who showed he is no De Canio as he finished bottom of the H2H league.

Special thanks again go to Graham who worked out and planned the FA Cup competition. (Let me know before the first kick off that it will be run again next season and I will make provision for a prize, once the season has started I won't change the allocation of prize money as some players may deem it unfair)

I hope all who took part enjoyed the experience and will be willing to enter next seasons league which we hope will be bigger and better than this seasons. (Kieron can we see if we can merge our leagues next season?) We will post more details of how to enter closer to the start of next season, enjoy the Cricket and the summer sun or rain.

Can Kieron and William PM me re the collection of their winnings.

Andy.   

Realred

Does that mean you are not running a cup knock out competition this year? My wife is fed up with polishing last years trophy. lol

cactus jack

Sorry for the delay in announcing the prize fund, all monies are now in. We have 180e to play for which will be distributed as follows.

League winner             75e
League runner up         30e
League third                15e

H2H League winner       40e
H2H League runner up   20e

David Vickers (Chicos Azul) still needs to enter the H2H league the details and code required are on previous posts.

Good luck to all teams. (except those poor dingles) :lol:

Up the Albion

Andy.

cactus jack

Entry fee of 10e is still required from the following players. Can you please take steps to pay or at least make contact with me.

David Vickers
Jim Tough (Team removed from league)
Steve King
Kevin Taylor

David Vickers  STILL needs to enter the H2H league.

Thanks

Andy.

cactus jack

We have 18 teams entered in the league this season. If anybody wants to be a late entry there is still time to enter but I wouldn't leave it any later than 2 game weeks as the leaders will be out of sight.

The prize fund stands at 180e. I intend to pay the cup winner a prize (if the competition is run in Jan) then split the rest between the two leagues, exact figures will be released when all monies have been collected.

Can players who have not yet paid please take steps to do so. Money can be left at either Amigos bowling Alley or Cornish Pride as per instructions in my previous post. I have sent messages to those whose money I have already collected.

Chicos Azul              Dave Vickers
Jim in Spain             Jim Tough (withdrawn from league, team removed)

The above team needs to enter the Head to Head league as soon as possible as it is up and running.

Good luck to all

Andy            

cactus jack

This is the last chance to enter the Fantasy Football League as the season starts today Saturday 18/08/2012. So far we have 19 teams registered in 2 leagues. That means 190e to play for.

The following team still needs to enter into the Head to Head league using the code 326257-90546

Jim in Spain....Jim Tough  
Chicos Azul......Dave Vickers

Anybody wanting to enter who is not to sure what to do or what it entails please PM me and I will explain.

I have sorted out 2 drop off points for the entry fee. If entrants can leave 10e in a sealed envelope with their name and team name addressed to Andy Taylor and then pm me to confirm it has been left. I will collect and reply to you.
1. Cornish Pride in Albox
2. Amigos bowling Alley Arboleas.

Any problem contact me via PM

Andy.

Biggin

felipe

We still need these two managers to enter the Head to Head league before Saturday please.  That will give us 18 teams.  If you have left your 10€ in one of the places mentioned above please let Andy (Cactus Jack) know via PM

Roman's empire      

Jim In Spain   

felipe

Biggin, I have sent you an invite. See if that works.

Biggin

I have tried to sign up and have managed to get into the H2H league but not the classic. Initially bothe leagues came up with invalid code and eventually got into H2H but not the classic.

I have been in touch wih Andy and it seem there is a problem so I just keep trying without success, hopefully it will be sorted before the start of the season ::)

felipe

For anyone that is new to this.  It is dead easy to enter. Just go to this link and register.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Then using the follow these instructions:

Once you have selected a team you will need to go to 'Leagues'. Select 'Join private league' and enter the number 326257-90527(league based on cumulative score).

You will then need to complete the same league procedure again and enter a second number 326257-90546(league based on Head to Head score).

The cost is only 10€ and have 9 months of fun selecting your team.

Surprised Saint and e57 have not entered a team yet :):):) come on guys let's see how good you are at team management :):)

felipe

Just leave it with Michelle or Paul.  One of them is usually there. But please make sure you leave it in a sealed envelope.  Cactus jack will be calling in there regularly.   But it would be useful if all entrants would let him know when and where you have left it.

Realred

Is there a contact name at Amigo's with whom we leave the money? (Tricky Trees).

cactus jack

Just over a week until the start of the new season and there are 18 teams registered so far.

The following 3 teams need to be entered into the Head to Head league using the code 326257-90546. (Bill still working on your problem)

Romans Empire..... Rob Gaunt
Spanish Geordie..... Andy McKenna.
Jim in Spain....Jim Tough

Anybody wanting to enter who is not to sure what to do or what it entails please PM me and I will explain.

I have sorted out 2 drop off points for the entry fee. If entrants can leave 10e in a sealed envelope with their name and team name addressed to Andy Taylor and then pm me to confirm it has been left. I will collect and reply to you.
1. Cornish Pride in Albox
2. Amigos bowling Alley Arboleas.

Any problem contact me via PM

Andy.

steveegee

Ok I have registered this morning - the Specials now renamed as San Jose Blues.
Hoping for as good a season as last year for myself and The new European Club Champions -come on you blues.

felipe

Any more members wanting to join our fantasy football league? Come on guys and gals. If you are into football it is great fun. It is dead easy to enter too.

felipe

There are 12 teams entered so far. You only have 2 weeks to the start of the season so get your team entered quickly.

Notice that there are only 8 teams entered into the Head to Head league. The managers of these teams has not entered yet.

Kingys-dream-team   
Roman's empire   
Los Lobos   
Spanish Geordie   

Albox Whites   Graham White
UD Stoke   Kieron Rogers
Real Thing   Kevin Taylor
Tricky Trees   Denis Richards

kieronjill

All signed up for both Leagues. My favourite's got to be the 'Head to Head'. Good luck to everyone for the new season. Not long now. :)