Is Zurgena different?

Started by Dionysus, May 19, 2011, 08:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dionysus

The planning law was introduced at the end of 2002, obviously that left the municipalities with a problem, as they had granted building licences based around the old laws.
But, that does not excuse the present administration in Zurgena, who since the last elections, have never given any indication that they had any plans to increase the capacity for sewage treatment and as far as can be ascertained, it would appear that the majority party in the town hall, the PA, have if their manifesto is to be believed, absolutely no intention of addressing this issue for the future!

I have to admit my knowledge of the political parties is a little sketchy. I believe, and if I'm wrong someone will correct me, PA was formed as a breakaway party from PP and having talked to some of the PP members, it would seem there is no love lost between the two parties so, on the basis of that, I'd say the PSOE are misleading you!

As to who to vote for well, as Maura Hillen said, when voting, use your head not your heart. I'm not trying to influence you but, I would not vote for a party that refuses to address known problems such as the issue of mains sanitation.
Another thing to keep in mind, next year there will be the provincial elections and it's likely if the polls are to be believed, that the Junta which at present is PSOE will be replaced by the PP, who it seems, are more amenable to the introduction of amended planning laws to deal with the illegal build situation, which has blighted this whole area.

My vote will be going to the PP, because in the first instance they have said the things I wanted to hear (okay, I know you can't believe everything you hear) but also, if the Junta is controlled by PP then a PP controlled town hall will I believe although this is not certain, get better cooperation from the Junta.

Just for the record, we also have a pozo, as do all of my neighbours. The majority of villas on our small urbanisation where built in 2004, the builder did install a sewage pipe in the road, but obviously there was and is nothing to connect it to!

Popsie

Yes I think we know that our pozo is illegal, the law changed just as they put them in 2005 but what else could the builder have done.  I am now positively confused with voting.  Three times I have been told, yes by the PSOE who visited my house today and others, that if you vote for the PP then you help the PA to get elected and members of both parties are related, ploy or truth?

Dionysus

So, is Zurgena different to anywhere else in the Almanzora valley?
Well, if last night at a PA meeting at the RENFE building is anything to make a judgement on, then the answer to the question has to be an emphatic yes!
There was lots of trumpeting about winning court cases and reassuring words about any further legality issues.

But, there was one issue which if you look elsewhere in the valley, other administrations have admitted they must tackle, is the provision of a mains sewage system, which it seems judging by the lack of any reference to it in the last four years and into the next four years, if the present administration is reelected, is something that will be denied to the mainly ex pat community!

There are two fundamentals that should be addressed here. One, is the fundamental issue of abiding by planning law as laid out in the LOUA and this is quite clear in stating that there should be mains sewage provided, it does not offer any exceptions as far as urbanisations are concerned and yet Zurgena town council has chosen to ignore this part of planning law, both in the past and it seems for the future!

The second fundamental is one of human rights. By choosing to live in Spain, you do not surrender those rights, you have a right to treatment of equality and fairness, why should you be treated differently, why should your rights be abused and ignored?
And yet, if you live within the municipality of Zurgena, this is precisely what is happening to you.

Finally, if you live on an urbanisation and you have an individual pozo, it is ILLEGAL! If you live on an urbanisation with a communal pozo, it is ILLEGAL!
Zurgena is breaking planning law, YOU are breaking planning law!