A British representative in the Albox town hall

Started by kenny m, May 15, 2011, 19:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dionysus

Kenny, those feathers would only be ruffled if that Brit had the balls to stand up for himself, fight for what is right and not be in awe of the mayor.
If your token Brit can't do that, then it would be pointless him/her being there!

kenny m

B & T,

Like I stated in my original post:

"I'd like to reiterate, I am not a political animal. In fact, I think most politicians are self-centered, egotistical, money grabbing bar stewards."

I don't care too much about the political persuations of any party in Spain.

After living in Spain for over 20 years, Canary Islands and here in the mainland, my experience is that whatever their political colour it's always been about themselves before the people they represent.

An ex president of Lanzarote was even re-elected after serving two years in jail for planning corruption.

My main interest was just to see a Brit in the mix in Albox town hall. Just his presence there would ruffle quite a lot of Spanish well-preened feathers.

Kenny M   :tiphat:
Wise words for us "oldies" A good memory is  a mind trained to forget the trivial!

Rod

I think that most people have made up their mind on who to vote for months ago. A shame but no amount of talking now will change their minds. For me the PSOE have got to go and only one party can take their place.

byrney

kenny m

Well, what an interesting and dismal response.

Just six people turned up to the meeting!

I'd like to reiterate, I am not a political animal. In fact, I think most politicians are self-centered, egotistical, money grabbing bar stewards.

However, democracy as we know it dictates that the elected representatives have the power to change laws and therefore the lives of the people they represent.

AUAN have declared that they are non-political and that's fine.

The prospective candidate for deputy mayor of this party was one of the founder members of AUAN and has a passion to pursue the defence of english property owners in this region.

OK, rant over, it's too late to change opinions prior to this coming Sunday's elections.

BUT, please consider, AUAN do a great job, but how much easier would it be with an English representetive in the Albox council WHATEVER their political persuasion.

Good luck to all of us that think our homes and future are safe, and better luck to those whose fight to make it so.

Kenny M  :tiphat:

Wise words for us "oldies" A good memory is  a mind trained to forget the trivial!

kenny m

This is probably the wrong section to post this BUT I feel the general section may get the most attention.

I have just had a chance meeting with Luis Alfonso Fernandez ( candidate for mayor of Albox) and Loius Robert Naya ( ENGLISH candidate for deputy mayor).

I have no political allegiance but they have convinced me that they are prepared to fight the corner of all english residents in the area, in particular on the question of "illegal" properties.

They have a meeting scheduled at Rumores bar this coming Thursday at 7pm where they will put forward their agenda and invite proposals.

The e-mail address of Luis (the mayoral candidate)is iualbox@gmail.com.

I have no idea of their sincerity but an English councillor must be welcomed.

Kenny M  :tiphat: