Audi A3 brake pads

Started by -alys-, May 04, 2011, 13:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave cockshaw

Hi,
yes buying from uk is best way, we bought for a set for our 2007 vw golf cost 25 pounds for a pair, could have bought them cheaper but these were better quality, think my husband bought them from german and swedish  gsfcarparts.com but he went into shop and they put in car number and sourced the correct ones.

If you are fitting them yourselves remember if it is a newer model you will need a brake caliper rewind tool........couldn't get one over here for love or money.......only a full set for 130 euros!!!! amazon have them for 15 pounds..........he tried every other trick in the book, g-clamps, brute force and swearing.......in the end took the pads and car to a garage and they charged 20 euros to fit them in half an hour, which all in all was cheaper than the 90 euros quoted by another few garages.

bianca

-alys-

thanks for replying guys buying from uk or ebay is prob my best bet. i will ave a look and see what i can get. Alice

bigtallgeezer

I get all my car spares from ebay either UK or germany (ebay.de) having used a translator program. I can usually get parts for about a third of the price you would pay here. I even had  complete exhaust system sent from germany (and mine is a twin system - very heavy) and with the postage it was still half price!

I only buy from sellers who have sold tons of stuff and have 100% feedback....seems to work for me.

The only drawback is a few days delay if something is broken as opposed to a planned replacement....

:tiphat:
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mark Oxley

Have you got anyone coming from the UK or someone who can post them over Alys, they are a lot cheaper over there. We got my dad to fetch them back with him for ours and they worked out at 25 pounds compared to €90. You would just need to know the yr of the car and exact model

Mark
Mark Oxley
Cantoria

-alys-

can anyone recommend me on where to buy brake pads for Audi A3. have been to a few places and prices seem quite high. Let me know thanks