No comments forthcoming from the town hall!

Started by Dionysus, April 01, 2011, 14:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dionysus

As there have been no comments either official or unofficial from the Zurgena town hall, I rather think this part of the forum should be thrown open to all and sundry to post comments, so long as they are confined to the municipality of Zurgena.

With that in mind, I'd like to ask a question which is directed at the town hall.
In the last four years, I have read just about everything that has come from Jim Simpson's blog. In that time, I have not seen, unless I missed it, any information regarding the plans (if they exist) for the expansion or building of a sewage treatment plant, to cope with the demand for proper waste sanitation to all the urbanisations that currently do not have access to it.

Does the town hall actually have any plans to address this need?
If they do exist, why have they not been made public?

I spoke to Mike Foulkes, prospective PA councilor, about the lack of proper sanitation and what the prospects were for the future. His reply was that he thought there was a joint plan between Zurgena and in this I'm guessing, Arboleas!
Reading everything that has been posted about Arboleas and its future plans, I've been unable to find any mention of a joint plan for sewage treatment. I know that some time ago, there was a fleeting mention of this plan, since then, nothing!

As the method of waste sanitation in most cases concerning urbanisations is either community or individual pozos, why, since this method of dealing with waste has been illegal since 2003 has there been no firm commitment from Zurgena town hall to deal with this?

I will not hold my breath, in expectation of an answer!