Zurgena: Why did the mayor miss the working party?

Started by Maura_Hillen, October 19, 2010, 16:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dionysus

The request for a copy on CD of the town plan, has been going on for a little while now, with what looks like very little progress, should we now start to suspect that in fact at this point in time, there is no town plan, so therefore, there will be no CD for anyone to request?

Is the mayor not standing again, so that he can spend more time with his family?

Maura_Hillen

A small correction.... Saffis comments are partially correct..... Suelo no urbanizable can be redesignated to permit construction. As a matter of fact it appears possible to redesignation any land as long as the justification is acceptable to the Junta de Andalucia.

Maura_Hillen

Hi Coogan,

Saffis comments are correct....

The Catastral Register is the land registry used by Hacienda to establish the rate of IBI applied to your house and land. It contains records of the status of your land. It can be consulted online in the following location. http://www.sedecatastro.gob.es/

The official Land Registry is not available to the general public in electronic form and it should be noted that the two systems can be out of sync.

You will need your Catastral Reference or the poligono and parcela number for your plot of land to make an enquiry. This information is available on your land escritura.

It is likely that your land will be rustic given that the Junta de Andalucia rejected Zurgenas 2007 proposal to urbanise some 385.5 hectares of land in the following locations.
Zurgena     24.49 HA
La Alfoquia 115.5 HA
Carasoles Cucador 122.2 HA
El Palaces 15.08 HA
Llanos del Peral 39.02 HA
Los Puntales 18.87 HA
Los Menchones 14.28 HA
Los Cabrera 2.87 HA
Cortijo Zurano 6.19 HA

As you correctly state Zurgena must now produce a town plan that is acceptable to the Junta de Andalucia. They must also resolve all of the outstanding court cases of which there are many.

Saffi

Steve your IBI bill should state this, if not then look up your catastro info on the internet.  There are other categories of land such as suelo no urbanizable (can never be made urban) or suelo urbanizable (can be made urban) or urbana no consolidada (urban but not consolidated yet).  If your land becomes urban in a PGOU or is in the process of becoming fully urban already then you will be liable for infra-structure costs in exactly the same way as property owners elsewhere in Andalucia in the same boat. 

Coogan

I have read through the posts in this article and would like to ask a few questions if anyone can help.  I don't think the people in Zurgena are burying their heads in the sand but perhaps they do not have the information you have.

First of all, how does one find out if their property is on rustic land rather than urbanised?

Secondly, I believe the people in Zurgena may be waiting for the outcome of the PGOU which the Mayor has stated in the past that he is working on with the Junta.  I have read somewhere that the outcome of that should identify that houses can be included within the zone of legality.

I do not expect to be belittled for asking such questions and I notice already that there are a few remarks which are going that way.

People can only ask questions and listen to answers.  The people in Zurgena, I know, have asked many questions and received answers.  If someone out there knows more than we have already been told then I would be most interested to hear it.
If you don't have anything nice to say - take a nap.

johnny

I live in Zurgena..well El Palaces actually...it is quite unbelievable how many people in Zurgena are in denial over the whole sorry mess and oblivious to the oncoming nightmare of court cases that the AUAN are trying to do something about.
These people along with the Mayor have their heads completely in the sand.
At the last count the membership of the AUAN for this area was the lowest of all.
Johnny.
Johnny

Maura_Hillen

AUAN had a meeting with the mayor of Zurgena. Jim Simpson reported the mayors statements on his blog and also our request for a copy of the work in progress town plan on CD so that we could seek independent verification of the mayors views.

The important point to note in all of the subsequent blogging about this meeting is that we have yet to receive the CD.

Until we get it, we cannot confirm if the mayor resides on planet Earth or elsewhere as some posters have suggested :)

Time, as they say, will tell both in terms of the town plan and the court cases.

In the meantime..... register to vote and be ready.

unclebob

QuoteThey probably only read jiminy's blog which doesn't tell it as it really is.

Titch, now THAT is being REALLY diplomatic.
Why doesn't somebody say what it really is?

Titch

I really don't think that it is difficult to understand that houses on rustic land are illegal and it doesn't matter if one has a few bits of paper or if one has water and electricity.  Trouble is people can't bear to face up to reality and the consequences.  Pity really that many of them won't join with the rest of us to form a strong large organisation. They probably only read jiminy's blog which doesn't tell it as it really is.

Titch

Starburst

Spot on Titch, wake up everybody in the Almanzora valley Rustic land equals illegal - end of !!!
Why do they think a different law applies in Zurgena ? Why do people think their property built on rustic land is classified by the Junta as legal? Stop looking at the brick wall and face reality.The clock is ticking and time is running out.
Compensation, what compensation ?
There never will be any compensation paid and we all stand to lose everything.

Titch

It seems that these people in Zurgena are living in cloud cuckoo land.  Do they REALLY think that they will ACTUALLY get any compensation? If the land on which their house is built is rustic, they are illegal and just because they declared an interest in the court means NAFF all.  It would be much better for everyone if they would face up to reality and join with others fighting for a solution. Surely enough has been written on this subject and spoken about on the radio, that they should be under no illusion that their situation is as problematic as thousands of others in the area.  Their denial is beyond my comprehension.

Titch

Popsie

For their house but am not sure why, could be if it is found to be illegal to make a claim against the builder etc.  but it would be an unlikely event to receive anything.

sharon123

Well these people that were offered compensation what was that for their time or house what, and what did they say ?

Popsie

I live in Llanos del Peral and feel that the majority of people living in Zurgena Municipality wrongly believe that all is well with their homes.  I know of houses built without any licience whatsoever so are they legal? is that not an issue?  My home is in the courts somewhere, goodness knows where, on an initial licience issue, so all the correct paper work in our hands, is useless, is this not another issue?  Aquaintances tell me 'oh we went to court and were asked if we wanted compensation' so I am legal.  its a mess and I really do not know what planet Snr. Trabalon wakes up in every morning.

Dionysus

Thank you Bob and I apoligise for being slow on the uptake.

unclebob

Dionysus
I would be shocked if the residents of Zurgena, having listened to and believed Jim and their Mayor were, at some future date,  NOT shocked.

Dionysus

I'm sure the AUAN are too polite to come out and say the mayor is being economical with the truth, but then, I'm not privy to the mayors actual words.
All I do know is, he stated to Jim Simpson, which he repeated in his blog, that as far as far as the mayor is concerned, ALL the infrastructure is in place.
This is not true, as can be witnessed by anyone who cares to visit the development where I and others live.

Does that make the mayor a liar, being economical with the truth or, detached from reality? I will leave you to decide.

As for being shocked, why should that be?

unclebob

Dionysus
I think you will find that Maura and the AUAN are far to polite to suggest that the Mayor of Zurgena is lying / mistaken / a fool / from Venus.........or ZOG
He may be all of those things. Time will tell, however the residents of Zurgena may be in for a shock. If they are not then I certainly will be.

Dionysus

My reference to the claim made, that as there were no planning issues in Zurgena and therefore, there was no need for him to attend, was made, marginally tongue in cheek.

But the fact is, this is precisely what came out of the meeting between the mayor and the AUAN. The claim, that there are NO planning issues in Zurgena.
This by the way, is a claim I fiercely dispute!
A summary of that meeting can be found on Jim Simpson's blog.

If he he did not receive the invitation in time (if this is to be believed) then could it be possible, that this was an deliberate attempt to exclude him from this meeting?

unclebob

I think you may have read Jim Simpsons blog wrong. He apparently did not receive the invite in time (allegedly). The solicors bit was that was where he was when JS went to see him.

areboy74

Candido Trabalon, was apparrently at the Solicitors
Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail!

Jollyboy

Does anyone have a full list of which Mayors did attend?

unclebob

Quite honestly. I'm surprised there was such a good turn-out. Maybe the criminal courts were closed for the day?

Dionysus

Perhaps, as the mayor of Zurgena has claimed all along, there are no problems in Zurgena, he did not feel there was a need for him to attend?

Maura_Hillen

According to a press report in La Voz the mayor of Zurgena failed to attend yesterdays working party.
Why?