Wise

Started by rt21, March 27, 2024, 20:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADVANCE Digital, Toffee Girl, Red Poppy (+ 2 Hidden) and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Johnny73

Very interesting . Thanks for info.

rt21

I should have mentioned that the first step in the process with Wise is the setting up of a Euro account.

This can be done in your Wise app.
I had to upload a photo of my passport and of myself using my mobile camera. I had to do this 3 times because Wise's recognition software could not match the first two lots of photos

However, this morning I was pleasantly surprised to find that after my third attempt I now have a Euro account with Wise. So after Easter I shall give my internet provider the details of my Euro account and ask them to electronically set up the direct debit for my monthly payments.

Richard

rt21

Quote from: JUD on Today at 06:48:24 AMRT21, thanks for the info , I have been thinking of closing my Spanish account and one of the internet accounts instead . I use wise for money transfers etc.

Yes I have been thinking of closing my Sabadell account òbecause the fees are too high.

I was hesitant about opening accounts with those internet banks which required residency status in Spain because of the risk of attracting tax on my assets.

I recently tried to open an on line fee free account with BBVA but the stumbling block was having an up to date NIE document. I approached two abogados for advice and was told that the authorities don't issue updated documents because an NIE number is for life. Their advice was to seek a different bank.

So I have decided to use Wise for one of my Spanish direct debits and if it all goes well I will transfer the others and close my account with Sabadell

Richard

JUD

RT21, thanks for the info , I have been thinking of closing my Spanish account and one of the internet accounts instead . I use wise for money transfers etc.

rt21

Some of you may be interested to know that Wise are launching Direct Debits in pounds sterling and also in euros.

According to their blurb you can set up direct debits for payment of bills in eurozone countries including Spain

If you do a search for Wise and direct debits, you will be able to access various articles on this topic

Richard