How to upload images

Started by knowall, May 16, 2009, 09:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

Yes, with all operating systems.

musicdonna

Does it work properly with windows 7?

felipe

Photo sizes are limited to 250k so all images need to be reduced in size prior to uploading into the message.

Elle1971

A couple of images in this one that may help. Yes I know this is an old thread... but Mein Forum Bossman pointed to this thread today, so I thought I'd help... and it keeps my mind out of the stress bucket today ;D

Elle xx

If your piccies are really little (less than 100kb in size) then you can add them direct into the message. To be honest most photos are larger than that... especially if you're adding them from your phone or something in order to sell items on here.

Hope the following helps... ... ...

Option One (small photos only)

Once you click "Reply" to a message, you will see a plus sign and the words "Additional Options" underneath the text box. Click the plus sign.

There you will see where you can browse your PC for the piccies and add them in.

Adding pics to these forums can increase the bandwidth and folder sizes of forums and websites quite a bit... increasing the webmasters' costs - which is why most forum owners keep the file size limits really low. I don't on mine... but my forum bears no relevance to this one, so not a lot of use to you I'm afraid.

Option Two (uploading to an external website first)

Second method is to upload your image to a free piccie hosting website such as Photobucket. Once added in there, it will give you a URL for your image. Copy that and paste it in the message in here.

It will look like this:

Then  highlight that link and then click the little icon up above this area that looks like e teeny postcard with trees on it. As you hover over that icon, it will say "Insert Image", so you know you have the right one. It will now look like this:

Click "Preview" button underneath this posting area to check. If all looks right, press "Post".

Your piccie should now be showing.
I'm not easily distracted, I just... ... ... Oh look!! A puppy!!
Find me on Facebook. I don't bite... often.

UEI

Maybe some explanatory screenshots may clarify?

Better ones than this though!  :D

olly

There is also a brilliant free download on the net called "shrinkpic". It not only resizes your pics for the forum but also resizes those you send in E-Mails for you, without you having to do anything. Once you've set it up, which is really easy, it just runs in the background, and when you want to upload / send a pic it does the resizing for you automatically, without losing out on any image quality.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

Babyboomer

Quote from: knowall on May 16, 2009, 09:21:45 AM

To upload photos in a post:
At the bottom of the post pane, (below the text box) is "Additional Options" plus/minus expand and contract icon.
Click it to reveal 6 options and an attachment box with the clickable box "Browse..." next to it.
To upload a picture from your PC click browse and choose the image file you wish to upload.
There is a 150KB limit. For forum use I would not recommend anything more than 500 pixels wide.
I have tried the preview button during this post and the image I have chosen does not show. ???
I am hoping that when I press "Post" the image will come up in the post. (It did!).

The other way to put an image on is to have it hosted at a photo hosting website, then post the URL (the address where the picture exists on the Internet) between Image tags.
Using this icon above the text box:

Here are a couple of options, but there are several choices for example you can use http://www.resizeyourimage.com/
or use http://profile.imageshack.us/prefs/index.php

Both are free services, with imageshack you store the picture or image and paste the URL link for it in the post on the forum.
Mark Drew email:mark1drew at gmail.com El Prado, Arboleas.

knowall

To upload photos in a post:
At the bottom of the post pane, (below the text box) is "Additional Options" plus/minus expand and contract icon.
Click it to reveal 6 options and an attachment box with the clickable box "Browse..." next to it.
To upload a picture from your PC click browse and choose the image file you wish to upload.
There is a 150KB limit. For forum use I would not recommend anything more than 500 pixels wide.
I have tried the preview button during this post and the image I have chosen does not show. ???
I am hoping that when I press "Post" the image will come up in the post. (It did!).

The other way to put an image on is to have it hosted at a photo hosting website, then post the URL (the address where the picture exists on the Internet) between Image tags.
Using this icon above the text box: