a new bar opening in la perla?????

Started by tanfield, March 14, 2009, 14:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddie

Had a count of the bars in Arboleas are, counted 20 and apparently I am told I missed some, would our economy sustain yet more bars

Tetley

Yes grate times with a very ever so simple life,ie cars that yer could repair,3 tv stations and non of this electronic crap and the world still manged to run and of course proper hand pulled beers and affordable homes.

i think were going backwards....

and as for any new place opening bar/ restraunt, in the area relying on Brits.....the Brit pensioner fixed incomes are down by 15/20% and it could be further re duced IF the medical here goes to contribution so a lot of local service enterprizes could see a lack of local Brit pound spends as medical & medication moneys are factored into the monthly Household  spend.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

felipe

I was sent to get a set of sky hooks to use on a window!! And a pastrami on rye sandwich, in 1973 Waterloo Bridge don`t think so!! If all this was done these days we would be accused of bullying!! Yet it did none of us any harm, just had a good laugh and did the same to new apprentices. How times changed.

Greggers

Tets, I was sent to the stores for ' a long weight (wait)' and a left handed screwdriver ! June 75......... where have the last 43 years gone ?

Tetley

Fing is i was brought up in heavy engineering wi 900 plus men,first day on shop floor sept 1977 thi sent mi for a plater,s clip and some 1/2" steel metal bender chap twxtted mi round the head.....hence we are were we are mi luvlies   :grin:

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

sallyb

keep your comments coming Tets I love them
Phyll

macc

I see you've been watching an Englishmans Random Videos Tets.

Tetley

Quote from: Monkee on July 21, 2017, 14:15:08 PM
Tets,  I do not necessarily read your posts, just notice the amount you do.   You need to find another hobby, you have to much time on your hands.

Thank you Monkeys for your guidence, must dash im off to hang upside down in the wardrobe for an Hour to balance mi chakras,have a listen to the link,20 mins yel be floating  .

peace & light   :great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvmAYt9KtAM

Monkee

Tets,  I do not necessarily read your posts, just notice the amount you do.   You need to find another hobby, you have to much time on your hands.

Tetley

Quote from: Monkee on July 21, 2017, 13:27:52 PM
Tetley,   you have a comment on everything.    12922 to be precise to date

im just pleased yer manging ti read mi posts   :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUPOmaZ1hl8

Monkee

Tetley,   you have a comment on everything.    12922 to be precise to date

Tetley

Anybody know if there  doing Tetleys on Draft......... :13:

get us all back into drinkin" full English" beer ready for B Day !

Monkee

Restoration Man.   Funny thing is that the bar in Los Carrascos, and the 'bar' in La Perla,  have been built by former  'directors' /owners of 'Mountain Oaks,  the company , who, I dare not say what I think. :38:

restoration man

SHOULDN'T PANIC, A 'NEW BAR' HAS BEEN BUILT IN LOS CARRASCOS, BUT FOR PAST FEW MONTHS SHELL ONLY, RUMOUR HAS IT WONT OPEN FULLY FOR ANOTHER 12 MONTHS. TYPICAL SPANISH BUILD, HALF DONE AND LEFT TILL SAVED UP ENOUGH MONEY TO CONTINUE.....THINK COUPLE EXTRA BARS IN THE AREA A GOOD THING, NOT A LOT OF CHOICE AROUND HERE AS IT IS, AS A RESTAURANT EVEN BETTER. WOULD GIVE AZABACHE A BIT OF COMPETITION, AND MIGHT EVEN GET A GOOD MENU CHOICE AT REASONABLE PRICES. CUCADOR HAS ONE AND POPULATION NOT AS MANY...

DLMcN

We should all make a point of looking every week at the noticeboard [on the right as you go into the Ayuntamiento - i.e., opposite Roger's office] > to see whether an application has been made to open a new establishment in La Perla.

AndWhat

No it definitely is getting closer I interviewed for a position here this week☺

Monkee

Who Knows?    Maybe  'NewHolland'   does.   Maybe things have moved on since 2009  ?

Angel

Why have we got postings on here for 2009?

tandas

While the original owner of this cortijo was alive there was no work on this plot.  Since he passed away the new owner has been working on it constantly, leaving mud everywhere and building up the old property.  Whatevere it becomes it will be great when he finishes maki g a mess.  Worse is the fact that the original owner who passed away lived in the house opposite and the families 2 dogs are still left there with no sign of a regular visit to feed them.

thetidders

The builders are English, if they were Spanish they might have been more polite when they were asked!
Jean & Vince Tildesley
ILLIA!

languagesolutions

Why don't you go up to the builders and say: ¿Qué va a ser esto? Elementary Spanish  :lol:

Monkee

New Holland,    that is  the digger that is on the property.     Perhaps they have been given permissions from the Town Hall, without the neighbours being consulted.     Most probably.   Taking the pee !

felipe

thetidders

Just what I was thinking, Val!    :thumbsdown:
Jean & Vince Tildesley
ILLIA!

Val Keith

It's just people doing a wind up, same people same words, strange sense of humour.

Tetley

Jimel

Why has this post been dug up after seven years?

newholland

francie

just been advised that no planning application has been made to the town hall so at present we might get a good nights sleep for a little while yet, but watch this space?????

UEI

Quoteso why another?
Because they don't have chrome poles! 8-

francie

another bar.  who has the money to spend to support one sufficient to make it worthwhile to open and spend all the money to renovate.  We may all joke about biker bars and strip joints but I think that this is a serious topic as this is in a residential area and who would like a "SUZI S " bar playing load music till 3 in the morning within 500 yards?.   All th e existing bars are struggling so why another?

andie

Jim
if yer pm mi,how many beer vouchers yer want for your comet a might be intrested.

as for old biker dears here,  :!:  S :lol

Your message contains too many smilies. The maximum number of smilies allowed is 3.!! I THINK MI BIG ENDS GONE !

jim

Andie,
if it's the new bar in La Perla I've got an old Vincent Comet and an old BSA Bantam,
They can have them for free beer for a month or two,anything to get them up and running.
It would be nice to see a couple of hundred or me biker pals turn up on a regular basis.
 :rofl  :rofl
DILLIGAF

andie

one of mi local freinds,freind did say he wanted to open a biker theam bar in the Arboleas Area,similar to the Carboneras Harley Bar ,and was looking for a spot just off the new moterway (approx 18 months ago )coz he was asking abought the prices of non runner brit bikes to han g on the wall.

S :?:

loopy loo

i agree with monkee.When the kids are going there with their bikes late at night and there's glass smashed outside(like a certain bar in arboleas),will the people supporting it now be so happy about it then.