Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Clare Shirley

Sounds like they are a very good charity

at least they can take the dogs

Clare
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

charlieboy

The reason I needed the number was we have been feeding a small stray where we live and I know that the rescue places here are all full. A few months ago my friend found a stray and SOS agreed to take the dog it was arranged by the Guadia in Albox SOS even came here to pick him up they didn't have to take him. They arranged to meet them at the BP garage and she gave them a 50 euros donation. I don't know if she was asked for a donation. She was told because he was a small dog he should find a home easily and they never put a healthy dog down. If they agree to have the dog we have all said we will each give a donation!
HelpingAnimalsAlmanzora

suelesj

Last month my friend and I found 8 puppies behind Intermarch in Vera.   None of the local rescue centres could/would take them...not even 2.   I went to Hema the vet and she gave me the number for SOS, which I rang and they agreed to take all the puppies...they were about 8 weeks old and were all so beautiful you would have had a hard job to chose one if you wanted one to keep.   Initially they asked for 10 euros per dog but I explained that there was no way I could pay that...we are strapped for cash and I had to put petrol in the car to get to the centre....I was asked to bring some food...they have 200 dogs in there as well as cats...and the place is really lovely.   Many of the dogs are re-homed in Germany, and the person we spoke to, they do have an English speaking lady, said they have a hard time trying to raise funds as there are not many English or German people near the centre.   We promised that we would try to get her some blankets and food...and cash...we are going to do a carboot down there and ask people for donations...if anyone would like to chip in...anything...food, blankets or even cash....this can be paid directly into SOS bank account which I have and will willingly pass on to any interested party.   I know it is difficult with the rescue centres we have in our own area, but SOS didnĀ“t hesitate for half a second...they agreed to help and I think they deserve helping in return

Bri.p

Does anybody know anything about SOS?  Do they keep the dog until an owner is found?  I have heard a reasonable donation is asked, what do they call a "reasonable" donation?

Thanks

charlieboy

HelpingAnimalsAlmanzora

Downshifter

I believe this is it-950 630 091?

suelesj

If you ring Hema the vet on 609 687 909 she will give it to you

charlieboy

Does anyone have the telephone number for the dog shelter SOS in Almeria?
HelpingAnimalsAlmanzora