Petition for reinstatement of DLA

Started by Mimi, December 29, 2008, 12:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Reiver

Disability Living Allowance.  It's paid to people with disabilities to pay for help looking after them.

michele buckland

The Reiver

I have been speaking to a friend who came to live in Spain just over 3 years ago and he tells me that he has now had his DLA reinstated and has also received a backdated payment.  Apparently he kept writing despite the fact that everyone was told that no further contact was necessary, and finally received a form to complete and return.  Shortly afterwards, the back payment went into his account and he has been receiving the monthly payment since (only the care component, not the mobility one).  

His latest letter was sent registered post to the Team Coordinator, Exportability Team, Room B215, DWP Warbreck House, Warbreck Hill Road, Blackpool, FY2 0ZZ.

I think that petitioning the PM is a waste of time - he is too busy saving the world at the moment!!

Good luck and a very Happy New Year to all.

Lynne

Quote from: "andie"...im supprised thay havent tried to stop paying the pensions as well  :P
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

andie

yep,brit big bro,dont like paying out ,if you aint uk captive  :head S

Mimi

I've just found out that there is an on-line petition urging the government to end the discrimination against ex-pats who had their DLA/CA illegally stopped when they moved fro the UK to another EU country. The ECJ ruling that this was illegal was made in October 2007 and they still have not reinstated it to people who were in receipt of it (often for life). The link is http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ECJ-DLA/ and your details remain confidential (other than your name).

I suspect the government think that the numbers are insignificant and therefore won't cause trouble for them. If you feel able, please sign up to this petition and show the government they can't just ignore ex-pats. Thanks for reading this and if you could pass this on to your friends it will all help. Remember, you may not be affected by this issue, but you can help those who are by just spending 5 minutes registering on the petition.