Visa card chargeback

Started by Bowel Bugle, December 27, 2008, 10:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yo_leviatan

My best advise is try to contact Visa directly, I had a problem time ago and it was resolved in a month contacting with Visa
Nothing new under the Sun

Bowel Bugle

I wonder if anyone on here would know what the procedure is to do a 'Chargeback' on a Visa card?

The circumstances are that I bought a small but expensive item on ebay at the beginning of November, I paid via Paypal but backed up by my Spanish Visa card. I never keep any actual money in my Paypal account due to the horror stories I've heard.

The item never arrived so I started an 'Item not received' procedure at Paypal, but in the meantime I was informed it would be quicker and simpler to do a Visa chargeback.

If I were in the UK I would be able to converse and find out how to do this, but as I'm new to Spain and the Visa card was issued by my Spanish bank, I'm unsure how to do this? Do I go into the bank and ask them, or do I try to contact Visa directly?

Even Paypal say that a Chargeback can be done, as the Paypal procedure is lengthy and drawn out. Any advice would be welcome, thanks in advance
JF