New DOMO2 phone issued by Telefonica

Started by David C, December 24, 2008, 13:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorraine

David C - thank you so much for posting that link. My elderly neighbours have been struggling for six months with their domo2 phone from telefonica. Learning spanish before you can actually use the phone does seem a little unrealistic - I've printed them off a copy and I know they will be delighted.

jonno

Sorry to have to disagree with a senior member like The Sheriff but I believe Spain has a long way to go towards reaching UK standards of helping immigrants to understand important information regarding their new surroundings. If Brits were not welcome in Spain that should be made clear at the time of taking our sterling. We make an important contribution to the Spanish economy by investing in their housing market and their banking system thro pension payments. I do not believe that immigrants should expect everything on a plate but I do expect a reasonable level of empathy and a far better information system than we currently "enjoy". The "Mamby Pandy" UK provides a muli lingual standard of information other EU countries should strive for. Ex pats who ridicule other ex pats trying to improve things do not help.

David C

To some extent I have to apologise to Telefonica, Having seen my post they have sent a download of the manual. To the Sheriff and knowall I say for many reasons it is not possible or practical to learn the languages of all the European [or elsewhere] countries we have associations with and if these countries want to be part of the EEC they should abide by the EEC rules that they signed up to and that includes a manditory requirement to publish instructions for products exported and used by public services in European languages. I hear the similar demands here all the time and being British we attempt to comply. The Telefonica engineer said more or less exactly what knowall said....if you are in Spain you should speak Spanish...I will remember this the frequent times local \Spanish workers or lorry drivers ask for help.
So in the spirit of helpfulness to my fellow non Spanish speaking Brits you can find the English manual here http://www.telefonicainenglish.com/Manuals/index.htm
David C

The Sheriff ILLIA.

Sorry David C but out here in Spain we are not in the Mamby Pandy UK where everything is done for those who cannot be bothered to help themselves  out here you have to do it yourself   as others have said learn the language.
Fred Sheriff.

Tip of the Day for a long life  :-  Breathe In  - Breathe Out - repeat when necessary.

David C

Here local signs and information are translated into every language imaginable and for those not already published you only have to ask.
The point of the request was that as all phones will be replaced sooner or later and others of you will be in the same position so instead of being smug some mutual help would have been a positive response.
David C

knowall

GOYA and learn Spanish then you won't have a problem with the manual.

Downshifter

thats not strictly true-we have bought lots of  electrical items here in Spain and they come with manuals in several languages-inc spanish and english!

meldrew

A lot things you buy in England with instructions come with lots of different languages including spanish but no not here, only one language - spanish.

areboy74

Would you expect a spansh translation of the instructions  if you lived in england, and were spanish?  I do not think so.

Feliz Navidad y Bueno Ano Nuevo
Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail!

David C

My friends have had their Phone replaced after reporting a fault with the line. It is a  DOMO2 phone from Telefonica. An English translation of the instructions is not available from Telefonica [a really customer oriented company] and I have found the following information.

http://sumgen.com

If anybody hears of an English translation of the manual please let me know.

A Very Merry, Healthy and prosperous New Year to you all
David C