Sledging - Sierra Nevadas - We´ve Been!!!

Started by Claire, December 22, 2008, 21:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casa Montes

We are booked into a hotel in Granada city on Saturday, once checked in we are going to the science museum, Parque do los Ciences.

Sunday we'll head up to the sledging area above Prado Llano, we bought our sledge a few years ago so will save on that expense.

Glad you had a good time.

Lianne
The purpose of our life is happiness: The Dalai Lama

Don't look down on people unless you are helping them up.

Claire

Well, we went yesterday - can be a bit of a dear do but had a great fun day.

My Hubby and Son tried skiing - had 1 hours beginners lesson 44€ / ski hire  40€ / lift passes 80€ (which to me was a rip cos they can´t ski anyway so could only go up and down once!)

We went to one of the intersport shops but there are loads of other hire places.

In the resort there is a kids area where you can ice skate @ 6.75 a hour then there was a toboggan ride, hire a ski bike - we did hire a sledge in the resort BUT don´t bother as you can´t take them over to the children´s bit where there is a suitable area to sledge as security stop you - but we did find a little bit suitable for my 3 yr old.

Food and drink are pricey - having said that some places do menu del dia for 9.50.

Car park (underground) cost us 10€  from 10.30 til 3.30

Up the top at the sledge area - hire is 8€ an hour for a sledge - car park small but we got there at 4pm so quietish

This morning - my Hubby aches all over!! but he says it was worth it

Casa Montes

Hi Claire, We've heard that theres been a lot of snowfall and are going sledging next weekend hopefully.

We usually go every year, only to sledge!  

We spent the new years eve 2006/7 in Granada and drove up the next morning, loads of snow & really busy.

Drive up to the Ski station, Prado Llano, keep following the road up for another 5 mins until you come to a dead end and a specially set up area for sledging incl the hire of sledges, hot drinks, snacks etc. Only thing lacking are toilet facilities unless that has changed since we were there last.

Lianne
The purpose of our life is happiness: The Dalai Lama

Don't look down on people unless you are helping them up.

Claire

If there is sufficiant snow we thought we might take the kids sledging over the holidays.

Has anyone else been and if so where is the best place to go.

Directions would be nice too  :-)