New to the site

Started by Marmite, March 17, 2018, 09:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janad20

Don't want to put you off, but we have had the worst winter since I've been here (12 years) for it being so cold. Obviously no where near as what the UK has had. The difference is the glorious and 8 month long summers, waking up to beautiful blue skies every day, walking about in the least amount of clothing (within reason), seeing more people with a smile on their face, enjoying their lives, their new found freedom & culture, new friendships with English as well as Spanish people. Wouldn't swap it for anything.

:welcome:

Marmite

Thank you I'm renting at the moment I wanted to try spain in the winter first so I know the bad with the good.
I'm trying 2 month in 3 location (2months in each)

Lynden

Welcome.....as Raysun says, rent if you can for a while, explore the area and find the nicer villages, although tbh most are nice.
If you buy, get a very good abagado ( Spanish Lawyer) and check everything at the local town hall. Prices are low but so is the exchange rate so prices in £'s haven't changed much. Don't be afraid to stick an offer in, everyone does.
As well as some nice villages there are nice coastal resorts and beaches close by too. If that's your thing then prices nearer San Juan de Los Terreros are low for a coastal spot.

raysun

Welcome, you will get lots of posts telling you to rent first but if you are really happy with the area having checked it out at length and if you find a house you like then check it out with the town hall and use a recommended abigado to do all the checks etc.
Good time to buy as prices are rock bottom i think.
Best of luck.

Marmite

Good morning
I'm new to all this but having a good read and getting a good understanding on the area and now seen a few places id be interested to buy.
Any good tips?
Marly