Metruculate

Started by Dinodog, March 14, 2018, 13:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinodog

Quote from: christine on March 15, 2018, 08:21:38 AM
Quote from: Dinodog on March 14, 2018, 13:35:04 PM
Hi
Does anyone have a very ball park figure of how much it will cost to matriculate a two year old uk car ( still not reached mot time )
Just a rough idea before I visit cats
Any help would be most appreciated
WE RECENTLY HAD A 1.6 DIESEL CAR MATRICULATED, IT WAS LH DRIVE AND ALL LIGHTING CORRECT, TOTAL COST 1150 EUROS, IT HAS ITV FOR 2 YEARS AND SPANISH PLATES AND ROAD TAXED.   WE USE ELECTRO MECHANICO  GARAGE BY MOIRA OIL, SPEAK TO MIGUEL, SPEAKS EXCELLENT ENGLISH, HAVE USED HIM FOR 10 YEARS.
thank you Christine , exactly what I was looking for

christine

Quote from: Dinodog on March 14, 2018, 13:35:04 PM
Hi
Does anyone have a very ball park figure of how much it will cost to matriculate a two year old uk car ( still not reached mot time )
WE RECENTLY HAD A 1.6 DIESEL CAR MATRICULATED, IT WAS LH DRIVE AND ALL LIGHTING CORRECT, TOTAL COST 1150 EUROS, IT HAS ITV FOR 2 YEARS AND SPANISH PLATES AND ROAD TAXED.   WE USE ELECTRO MECHANICO  GARAGE BY MOIRA OIL, SPEAK TO MIGUEL, SPEAKS EXCELLENT ENGLISH, HAVE USED HIM FOR 10 YEARS.

Lynden

It's probably not that common dinodog. Most like me dispose of their RHD vehicles and buy LHD Spanish cars to avoid it. Or else continue to drive UK cars illegally for years.
Perhaps this article will help.
http://www.michaelbriant.com/car_import.htm

Dinodog

Thanks for all your replies and advice .
However my post asked if anybody had an idea of cost , a very rough idea .
Apart from dreamer I've not had any figures from anybody .

PRINGLE

having done the same a few years ago, i would seriously think about doing it. being a rhd in a lhd country, you will lose 15 - 20% of its value straight away, not including the cost of re-registering in spain. you would only be able to sell it to a brit or take a big hit and p/x it for a spanish car later on. driving with a rhd here in spain is a pain at best and dangerous in some situations (overtaking for example) at worse.

Rtis

UK plates , into France every 6 months, how will you get an M.O.T ? also it  has been mentioned about 183 days time limit, also do you have residencia ? That can change the rules as well !

Dinodog

Quote from: Optomist on March 14, 2018, 16:31:20 PM
Quote from: Dinodog on March 14, 2018, 15:31:20 PM
Hi thanks for replies

I have been told that if I drive the car to France every six months and get some kind of proof then I don't need to do the matriculation. However I know there is poor advice out there so looking for the truth

You were told wrong im afraid , if its in Spain for 183 days or more in ANY 12 month period ( not jan 1st to Dec 31st ) it has to be matriculated , thats a cumulative figure , the clock doesn't reset itself after returning to Spain , it simply stops for the time you can prove its out of the country .
Thanks for that

Dinodog

Quote from: tintin on March 14, 2018, 15:52:18 PM
have you looked on autoscout.es to see if there is a similar LHD car for sale in Spain and save all the hassle of moving it to spain and matriculation costs for example a june 2015 ford focus 48,000 KM's for under €9000
Mike
The car is already in Spain with me which is why I'm researching

Dreamer

My lights need changing to but ive just been quoted 1950 euros for lights and matriculation

Optomist

Quote from: Dinodog on March 14, 2018, 15:31:20 PM
Hi thanks for replies

I have been told that if I drive the car to France every six months and get some kind of proof then I don't need to do the matriculation. However I know there is poor advice out there so looking for the truth

You were told wrong im afraid , if its in Spain for 183 days or more in ANY 12 month period ( not jan 1st to Dec 31st ) it has to be matriculated , thats a cumulative figure , the clock doesn't reset itself after returning to Spain , it simply stops for the time you can prove its out of the country .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

tintin

have you looked on autoscout.es to see if there is a similar LHD car for sale in Spain and save all the hassle of moving it to spain and matriculation costs for example a june 2015 ford focus 48,000 KM's for under €9000
Mike

Dinodog

Hi thanks for replies
I don't have the document.
Reason being is that it's a lease car and I have been offered the opportunity to buy . It's valued at 15 k Euro and is a 1.7 diesel. I'm just looking for a rough figure . I will sort out the headlamp issue myself
Any more help appreciated

hank

Hi.
I investigated this subject a few months ago as I intended to import a Polish registered vehicle being sold in the UK.
The vehicle was a 2014 Qashqai.
I asked Lucas Mayo of Gecko Legal Services in Mojacar to give me a quote. He advertises in most of the freebie papers and glossy mags.
Amongst other things the cost is determined by whether you purchase using a purchase invoice, or a purchase contract. 
Emissions below 120 will not increase the cost. Over 120 the cost increases.
The Spanish 'book value' is used rather than the purchase price.
An ITV will be required.
If the vehicle cannot be legally driven in Spain a transporter will be required.
If the vehicle cannot be insured in Spain, temporary Spanish plates are required so that it may be driven.
Think that's it.
The cost for the Qashqai was calculated at around 550€ including his fee......a transporter and temporary plates would have been extra if required.
As it turned out the car was sold and I didn't purchase it. But not a huge amount to make a car 'Spanish Legal'.
Hope this helps.
If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

lmj52

Hi, would be easier and more accurate to speak to CATs. Take your V5 docs. Will your lights need changing, or can they be switched over?
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Lynden

it really depends on the value of the car and its Fiscal Power. The Spanish have their own system to determine such things. There are on line tables to assist you and I'm sure someone on here will assist if you can be more specific about the vehicle and engine size....or at least point you to the tables. Good Luck

Dinodog

Hi