YOUR ARBOLEAS FORUM

Started by felipe, March 12, 2018, 09:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

People get fed up with some members posting irrelevant posts such as your regular posts about rescue dogs. Others post about Brexit in the threads that have nothing to do with it. The same group often try to be humourous in threads that are serious. There is no need for any of it and members get fed up with it. I get complaints all the time. That takes up more of my time sorting it out. So the thing to do is be considerate to others when posting, that way my life will be easier and the forum will become even more friendly.

Dinodog

Quote from: Stig of the dump on March 13, 2018, 15:34:44 PM
Interesting facts and figures Phil and your forum provides a valuable source of information for everyone.

I have spoken with Phil in the past about monitoring the forum and the general day to day issues that are involved. Monitoring this forum takes up a lot of Phil's time, I know that sometimes it is difficult to make decisions on certain posts of locking, where to draw a line and a decision to ban someone. I can only say that this forum is an important part of Arboleas, I couldn't imagine being without it for the help it provides for me and our community.

Keep up the good work Phil (Sharon and everyone else involved) with the running of this forum and your walk for life charity work.
I agree wholeheartedly, it's a good forum and very useful and informative.
One thing about this "moderation" we all agree sometimes , we all disagree sometimes . We argue , we can't all be best friends all of the time . But I do wonder at threats of being banned , posts removed or closed down , drawing lines etc etc I have had posts removed and threatened with the dreaded ban I have never insulted anyone on here but I notice many do and remain unscathed. If you can't be 1000% consistent then I respectfully suggest it's not needed . We are all adults and I'm fairly sure no actual murders have yet been committed

Dinodog

Quote from: Stig of the dump on March 13, 2018, 15:34:44 PM
Interesting facts and figures Phil and your forum provides a valuable source of information for everyone.

I have spoken with Phil in the past about monitoring the forum and the general day to day issues that are involved. Monitoring this forum takes up a lot of Phil's time, I know that sometimes it is difficult to make decisions on certain posts of locking, where to draw a line and a decision to ban someone. I can only say that this forum is an important part of Arboleas, I couldn't imagine being without it for the help it provides for me and our community.

Keep up the good work Phil (Sharon and everyone else involved) with the running of this forum and your walk for life charity work.

sandy b

:clap: well done to you both, You are an inspiration to us all.

AndaLuz

What we see upfront here plus all that is done behind the scenes is really appreciated. Thank you.

ellenjgreen

New to area and the forum is fantastic for local info.

Well done
:PDT_Armataz_01_37:
Ellen

paul1670

well done I love reading the threads and information !!

guest21828

EllaD

And a big big thank you to you as well lovely people  xxxxx

sparkiemike

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

tandas

:c017:this forum has been a godsend over the years we've been here full of useful information and helpful people.  Keep up the good work looking forward to many more years.

raysun

Great job guys. Lots of helpful info.

zilnor

Well done Phil and Sharron.  :clap:

The Gardener

felipe

Each year we inform you of some boring stats about the forum.  Recently we removed about 800 member accounts that had not been used for over 2 years. Looking at many of these, they were duplicate accounts, people had gone back to the UK and people that simply stopped using it. But we still have nearly 7000 members that have been active at least once during the last year. We are still signing up an average of 2 new members each day. There were 7 over the weekend!!

The forum has over 1.5million pages viewed EVERY month. Making it probably the most popular forum in Almeria.

Sharron and I strive to keep the forum as fair as possible. The ONLY real continuous issue we have is BREXIT. It is a nightmare trying top control some of the vindictive comments that are in those threads. Brexit apart, the forum is going brilliantly and still going from strength to strength.

Sharron and I see our fundraising for Walk for Life over the last 3 years as our way of giving back to the community. So far that amounts to 6,314€. Something we will continue to do each year.

So a big thank you to all you members for keeping this forum the finest and most informative in Almeria.  Phil & Sharron.