Primary Schools in Arboleas

Started by SwiftSunshine, June 29, 2018, 11:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Thing is kids either get it or thay dont,a few kids over the years we know have gone back to the uk to be educated,one thing is for sure,if you keep the kids english up at home ie  tv,books,facebook (lol ) and there learning spanish daily its going to benifit them.

at secondary school level the kids learn,english,spanish,latin,greek and french or german to uk A level equivalent.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

tandas

We haven't got any children but if you are coming here to live then we would advise as much Spanish lessons as you can for them but also here they are Andalucian and have a local Spanish dialect which doesn't help when you're learning proper Spanish. On line Duolingo app is good for practice.and defo do it yourselves as you will need it as well.  Free lessons are available from the town hall from September for adults.  The more you all learn the easier it will be to live here.
Our neighbours took their 11yr old back to the UK for her higher education so not sure why.

Tetley

Quote from: SwiftSunshine on June 29, 2018, 11:21:39 AM
Help please ::)

We will be moving to Arboleas end of this year/beginning next with 3 children aged 11 yrs, 10 yrs and 8 yrs, and we need to sort out their local schooling, which is proving  a little difficult.  Is there anyone out there who could PLEASE help us with a couple of things:
What are the names of the two primary schools in Arboleas - I think one is El Prado, but I'm having difficulty finding out information on them.  Our main concern is that our children don't currently speak any Spanish, apart from Hola and Adios lol, so do these primary schools have any English speaking teachers or is there any support locally that we can tap into to help with their Spanish?  And what their class sizes are - our eldest is 11 yrs, so will be moving up to secondary school next year in Spain, which I believe is in Albox - the Martin Garcia Ramos (I think), do they have any English speaking teachers? I know the schools are shut now for the Summer, so if anyone could assist, we'd be really grateful  - thank you x  :cheesy: 

your kids will need one to one spanish lessons with a tutor ,in the UK  advertize in your local press or facebook to see if you can get a young spanish person to teach them,we did this for our lad aged 5 but he still stuggled within the first year in school.

also spain is diffrent to the uk,your kids will be expected to home study to catch up,they will also be put back a year when they start school to give them a chance.

as a family you have a fair old task,but its do able with a hard family team effort and your kids one intergrated will have a nice relaxed childhood.

good luck.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

musicdonna

SwiftSunshine

Thanks Donna, any advice is welcome - we'll check this out.

musicdonna

Hi,

You may already be doing this, but may I suggest that in the school summer holidays you make every effort to help your children learn as much Spanish as possible.  This will make life so much easier for them, whichever school they end up in.  They might not thank you at the time, but they will later on!  There are some good programs on the Internet (BBC languages "Mi Vida Loca" is superb (http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/mividaloca/   ) which is good for everyone except maybe your youngest, so maybe it's something you could even do as a family.  Just an idea- but a good one!!

Best wishes,

Donna

SwiftSunshine

Help please ::)

We will be moving to Arboleas end of this year/beginning next with 3 children aged 11 yrs, 10 yrs and 8 yrs, and we need to sort out their local schooling, which is proving  a little difficult.  Is there anyone out there who could PLEASE help us with a couple of things:
What are the names of the two primary schools in Arboleas - I think one is El Prado, but I'm having difficulty finding out information on them.  Our main concern is that our children don't currently speak any Spanish, apart from Hola and Adios lol, so do these primary schools have any English speaking teachers or is there any support locally that we can tap into to help with their Spanish?  And what their class sizes are - our eldest is 11 yrs, so will be moving up to secondary school next year in Spain, which I believe is in Albox - the Martin Garcia Ramos (I think), do they have any English speaking teachers? I know the schools are shut now for the Summer, so if anyone could assist, we'd be really grateful  - thank you x  :cheesy: