What do you need to do to get English TV please?

Started by Dreamer, March 03, 2018, 16:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4538

Quote from: Dreamer on March 03, 2018, 16:36:01 PM
I am looking to get English TV channels, can anyone please advise what is the best option and idea of costs ?
We have a satellite in the garden but not sure if it works etc.
I have missed two weeks of coronation street and going cold turkey is not good  :c002:
Thank-you in advance.

So Dreamer, you received a lot of ideas and advice. It would be interesting to know which solution you decided upon!

Did you choose a high capital cost solution of a large dish with Freesat or Sky - 1000€+; high monthly outgoings with Filmon or a packaged IPTV bundle - 15€/month+; a low cost solution of SmartDNS and VPN - 0.81€/month; or simply Spanish terrestrial TV - 30€?

Whatever you've chosen, I trust you're now settled in Spain.

ColinC

Quote from: olive25 on March 07, 2018, 20:41:45 PM
A Humax does not require a subscription to record , the Sky boxes
that can record do.

I didn't know the imposter had gone.... Still giving good free advice I see Gary, hope you are all well...

olive25

A Humax does not require a subscription to record , the Sky boxes
that can record do.

JulieRoger

I notice everyone is mentioning Humax boxes/receivers. Has anyone got a Sky receiver/box and if so, what is their opinion on it please?
Does anyone know the pros and cons of Humax v Sky boxes? Thank you in advance.

Rtis

He is still around, the latest info is that he has been let down by his "many" servers and has decided to call it a day for his IPTV service ? He recommends that people only pay on a monthly basis for IPTV ! Shame he didn't push for that when giving the waffle about his system ? SO, as he has stopped providing IPTV does this mean that ALL subscribers will get a refund ?

sharon123

Well that's good because I keep hearing about this Gary, but the one  before with the tattoos, was not very nice, rather rude to me he was, so told him to do one, seems to think nobody know anything only him. Was not going to use him ever rather have no TV.

dazbear

We use SmartDNS and get access to all the official BBC, ITV, CH4, CH5 and UKPLAY (Dave, Yesterday etc) apps. 

Works brilliantly for us as we can watch live channels plus all the catch up content you'd get back in the UK - plus they are the official ones from the channels themselves rather than an IPTV relay service.

JulieRoger

Aileen

I was told the other Gary has gone. Apparently leaving many tv customers without their iptv.

olive25

raysun

See his earlier post. Olive25.  Thats the one u want.
Tatoos ???  Have u got some hidden gary.??

sharon123

Hi can someone tell me,which Gary this is, is this the one with all the tattoos, As i believe there are two which do the TV stuff. Don't really know how described him, sorry.

cgmaywood

Gary West is the man for the job, he has provided us with TV service for many years.  We ha e a 1.9 dish installed by Gary and we have never had any problems.

We would not let anybody else near our system.

Great guy, great service.

Chrissy

sparra

I have been testing out Mucho tv first spotted on facebook,  It has  more than 30 channels and all the catch up. so tons to watch easy to navigate , you can try it on free for an hour every day, or pay monthly if you come here on holidays about 10 euro a month for pay as you go. or to watch on one screen in the house its 48 euro a year if you need it on two screens its 62 euro a year so you can catch up with coronation street.  I have had it on for about six weeks and it seems fine .

Rtis

As others have posted Dreamer,get in touch with Gary (Olive 25) Do not use anything on the market OR a phone number that has the last 3 digits (666) !

LANDI

More than happy to confirm you did not install our system.

olive25

Quote from: LANDI on March 04, 2018, 12:57:27 PM
Read it again.
I didn't mention a name.

Don't believe I said you did just making sure others read it correctly

LANDI

felipe

We have been using IPTV with ezetv for the last 5 months and cannot complain. Regular updates on the box sets, movies etc. OK it has had a few periods when it was down for an hour or two during the day. But what can one expect from something that costs less for a year than it would cost with SKY for a month. All you need is a decent internet connection of at least 12meg. And you can pay monthly for it too.

NorrieM

My tuppenceworth.  Forget the set top box and internet systems.  Unless you delight in the programming being changed without your knowledge, frequent buffering and dropouts.  Go for full sat dish and Humax or equivalent.  Shop around for a few quotes, starting with Gary.  He will not let you down, and he will be competitive.
One it´s paid, no more bills or monthly payments or need for updates! If you are here for the long haul, you won´t regret it.

Elgin

Quote from: Dreamer on March 03, 2018, 16:36:01 PM

We have a satellite in the garden ...

Looks like we are need to turn our dishes towards your garden then.

:c023:

LANDI

olive25

Quote from: LANDI on March 04, 2018, 11:55:26 AM
If you have decent internet go to Connexions in Turre and enquire about the IPTV system.
We paid a small fortune for the Revex box system via the dishes and it was a disaster. Lasted under a year and simply stopped. No explanation and certainly no refund!!!!

I ASSUME YOU ARE REFERRING TO SOMEONE OF A SIMILAR NAME as i have never installed REVEZ boxes and am certainly not a COWBOY bodget and scarper,

This is just to clarify matters.

LANDI

If you have decent internet go to Connexions in Turre and enquire about the IPTV system.
We paid a small fortune for the Revex box system via the dishes and it was a disaster. Lasted under a year and simply stopped. No explanation and certainly no refund!!!!

sparkiemike

if you have a friend or relation in the UK get them to get sky go

then you get a VPN cost you about 5 euros a month

then you log onto your VPN go to the sky go web site your friend has kindly allowed you access

register your lap top or device onto the sky go site

plug your laptop via an HDMI cable to your TV

Bingo you have full access to the full sky package

the VPN allows you to log onto bbc iplayer ITV channe4

its worked for years for us
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

sparkiemike

If you've got a reasonable internet connection

get a laptop with an HDMI output, a VPN & the worlds your oyster

BBC, ITV, Channel 4 & all the other Freesat channels

With a bit of ingenuity all the sky channels to

all free

Mike
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

guest4538

Quote from: olive25 on March 03, 2018, 20:07:23 PM
What you don’t do is point a dish at 29east as that won’t find anything of any value. Whatever option stick to trades people steer clear of cowboys or you will end up paying double or much more.

As a professional Olive25 will have the equipment and experience to align a satellite dish accurately and relatively quickly. He is highly recommended.

However, if you enjoy doing things for yourself, you can align your own dish: this a useful tool - http://www.dishpointer.com/. Enter your location and select the appropriate satellite: "28.2E ASTRA 2E | ASTRA 2F | ASTRA 2G" for UK TV. You can then tweek the pointer to the precise location of your satellite dish.

jonno

I bought a 2nd hand humax box on the forum a year ago - great for free channels but not full sky stuff. The record facility is great and has transformed our viewing. Also helpful to have stuff available to replay when occasional bad weather crashes everything else. If Gary sells em he would sort it - expect to pay 1000+ for large dish and humax box installation.

I used to have another freesat system but it didnt record and needed re setting whenever I went away. I have also had an android box which is a cheaper option but I found a bit messy for daily use. Byrney's comments are accurate re shopping around, but impartial advice is hard to find. If u dont know ur way around its not so easy.

Happy viewing.

byrney

Dreamer - as I said from the outset -  Others (providers) will tell you otherwise.

Your choice.  Just shop around and ake your own mind up.

sallyb

Gary West (olive25) every time if you want sky sports etc can sort you out and a human box is perfect for recording.
Phyll

olive25

Quote from: Chisme on March 03, 2018, 19:44:10 PM
Quote from: Dreamer on March 03, 2018, 18:44:56 PM
The Humax box with satellite does this offer a good amount of channels?

I should point out that Humax is not the only manufacturer of Freesat receivers. It is more important that you understand the various facilities that each model offers, and to get the one you really need.

These are the channels available through the Freesat EPG (electronic programme guide): https://storage.googleapis.com/freesat-content/filer_public%2F78%2Fa3%2F78a3f69d-ee79-485d-86a4-bd722a12ee6e%2Ff418_-_channels_guide_-_february_2018.pdf.

With a Freesat receiver, you can see all the other free-to-air channels broadcast via the Astra 29°E satellite group by switching to other channels in the receiver's settings: https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html.

Hi I think you will find out that if you had sky then your needs were more
than just the free channels bbc itv ch4 & 5 and there sister channels around 212
in total plus radio. However freesat is the perfect other option , being able to record is also a must.

What you don't do is point a dish at 29'east as that won't find anything of any value. Whatever option stick to trades people steer clear of cowboys or you will end up paying double or much more.

guest4538

Quote from: Dreamer on March 03, 2018, 18:44:56 PM

I should point out that Humax is not the only manufacturer of Freesat receivers. It is more important that you understand the various facilities that each model offers, and to get the one you really need.

These are the channels available through the Freesat EPG (electronic programme guide): https://storage.googleapis.com/freesat-content/filer_public%2F78%2Fa3%2F78a3f69d-ee79-485d-86a4-bd722a12ee6e%2Ff418_-_channels_guide_-_february_2018.pdf.

With a Freesat receiver, you can see all the other free-to-air channels broadcast via the Astra 28.2°E satellite group by switching to other channels in the receiver's settings: https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html.

shadeseeker

Hi Dreamer, I get loads, bbc1,bbc2,bbc4,as well as HD for theses.
Itv1,2 and 3 and plus 1 hour.
Channel 5, cbs reality channels BBC news sky news, itvb channel 4,E4,more4 channel5, 5USA,5Star,horror films and many, many more.The humax box is a freesat box there are loads of radio stations as well, too many to list.
I know it's not cheap initially but there are no ongoing costs and is the most reliable system in Spain for
English TV.
Regards
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Dreamer

shadeseeker

Hi, we used Gary West and I can highly recommended him. He has been in the satellite business for years. He is an expert in this field and does charge a fair price. He set us up with a 1.9 dish and humax box. It has been the best investment for us. Internet TV is subject to buffering at times and can be very frustrating.
At the end of the day Dreamer, you pays your money and makes your choice.
Good luck and I hope you find what you want.
Ps. Nothing more to pay after the dish and box.

'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)