Cordless phone

Started by AnnieR, February 23, 2018, 16:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4538

Quote from: AnnieR on February 23, 2018, 16:12:39 PM
Wanting to buy a cordless phone which will connect to my Telefonica wall socket. Any suggestions as to where to buy and recommendations for make, model,etc.
Thanks

The Gigaset C430A is the lowest priced 'Which best buy'. I have Gigaset S850A GO phones and I have had no personal experience with the C430A: however I have reasonable trust in 'Which' judgements. The C430A has an answer machine which is quite important in Spain: otherwise you might have to rely on Spanish voicemail which can be a bit overwhelming for most English speaking callers. It does not function as a VOIP phone, but not everyone wants the complications of those facilities. Here is a description from Amazon UK -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F5V2FDO/ref=asc_df_B00F5V2FDO1519387200000/?tag=whi08-21&creative=22374&creativeASIN=B00F5V2FDO&linkCode=df0&ascsubtag=uk,2137,prsp_uk_which_batch2,10,;f01202256bcd273be1dfe23dbcdfa1f9.

You might find one locally in Spain and it is available from Amazon.es.

Finally, if you can wait until an offer comes up, Lidl frequently sell 'SilverCrest' cordless phones. Again, I do recommend getting one with an answer machine.

guest4538

Quote from: AnnieR on February 23, 2018, 16:12:39 PM
Wanting to buy a cordless phone which will connect to my Telefonica wall socket. Any suggestions as to where to buy and recommendations for make, model,etc.
Thanks

It really depends what you want. I'm sure most phones will do the basic job of making and receiving calls. If you're looking for the best manufacturers, then Siemens and Panasonic take some beating on call quality and range of facilities.

Ligo's top choice is a magnificent phone with the additional benefit of being able to load 6 VOIP accounts (for making the very cheapest calls to anywhere in the World) in addition to your Movistar landline connection: http://www.ligo.co.uk/buying-guide/top-10-best-cordless-phones/?gclid=CjwKCAiAlL_UBRBoEiwAXKgW5_ONGvZd-5Klpi4qHzN2vqEADzvB4A52mJSPmG0BP1NnLYNO8ZrOCRoCxrYQAvD_BwE.

Unfortunately the Gigaset S850A GO is a little more expensive in Spain:
https://www.amazon.es/Gigaset-S850A-GO-Identificador-Servicios/dp/B00TG2C0TC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519410275&sr=8-1&keywords=gigaset+s850a+go&dpID=41C34DxJLrL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch.

If you buy in Spain, the phones will have the necessary connectors for both electricity and your Movistar wall socket. As well as Amazon, I imagine most electrical shops would sell cordless phones and, if you're looking for a basic phone, then I suggest you might also try the local Chinese stores.

If you buy from the UK, you will need adapters for both electrical and telephone socket connections: these are readily available (and fairly cheap) from eBay, amongst others.

Good luck whatever you decide.

AnnieR

Thanks