Nursing HomeCare

Started by lorrydriver, February 22, 2018, 16:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorrydriver

One has to be referred by the hospital for the two homes in Huercal. Am not prepared to make any comment on the forum re 'home care' Have since discovered there is a popular nursing home at Pulpi thanks to a suggestion made on the forum.

byrney

I think the problem Elgin is that a lot of retirees here do not ave the financial means to pay for private care.  It would be nice if the various Councils could do some joined-up thinking to deal with the inevitable growing problem in the coming years.

Elgin

Such facilities do exist.  Angels Nursing Group provide home care and their is at least two residential care homes in Huércal-Overa alone (one run by nuns and the other by a private company.  They probably don't have former NHS staff but I am sure they are suitably qualified (the NHS relies heavily on nurse trained outside of the UK anyway!)

lorrydriver

No doubt the meeting would be in one of the local bars  :57:

byrney

Well, hopefully, the numerous Almanzora Councils will be being pro-active in this area and will be coming together as one body to look towards a sensible solution.

Sorry, just fallen off my chair at the thought of collaboration!

Rtis

The RED tape alone would take many years  to actually set up a rest home!

lorrydriver

Cost of living here etc is much cheaper but no doubt it will never happen - it is possible if one fits the criteria to have help in the home all free as some brits are now receiving.

lorrydriver

Would the fees here need to be as high with the general cost of living so much cheaper and weages etc. no doubt it will never happen

terina

If they were charging that sort of amount I think you are probably right, but even care in the home is pretty expensive - don't really know what the answer is

guest4538

Quote from: terina on February 22, 2018, 18:04:38 PM
If they could also get a residential home established I think it would be very popular

Care home costs in the UK are now more than £1,000/week/patient. I do wonder whether there would be sufficient demand in the area to make such an investment worthwhile?

terina

If they could also get a residential home established I think it would be very popular

lorrydriver

There is a great opportunity for someone with the finance and qualifications to establish a much needed facility in this area. Proper NHS state registered nurses etc. We are growing in numbers and one can see over the past few months that this is going to continue.