Rochdale!

Started by olly, February 18, 2018, 18:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christine

Always remember  a little village in Yorkshire called Emley playing West ham at Wembley  they were the under dogs all working men and sadly lost 1 nill but boy gave them a run for their money and my brother lived there and the police had to guard the little village as all the people that lived there went on coaches to support the boys so WELL DONE ROCHDALE  good luck .

raysun

Who are rochdale. Where is wigan. Are they anywhere close to manchester city????

gingernut

Can't believe it Rochdale draw with Spurs then they play MK Dons a couple above them in the league who also had a much weaker side and hay presto o.o.

Strange game no matter how beautiful.

Rtis

Rochdale Hornets were a good team at one time, same as Swinton Lions, and others !  :bravo_2:

zilnor

Well done Wigan.  :bravo_2:

Love it when the underdog wins.  :93:

Rtis

We are not football fans,our son is, so we watched Wigan and at least the goal was a proper one !! NO controversy !

sleepy john

Well played Wigan, this is what makes the FA Cup great. :clap:

casablanca

Yes I agree, bit of good fortune with the Delph red card but hey, that's the beauty of the FA Cup. Personally I love to see the underdog prevail :bravo_2:

gingernut

What about Wigan got to give them a mention,what a terrific result.

Just goes to prove no matter how much money you spend results don't always go the way they should.

zilnor

JoJo,

My friends lived close to Milnrow for some years. There is beautiful countryside only a few miles away. They also lived by Hollingworth Lake for a few years.

My father was born and bred in Blackburn so I have Lancashire blood in my veins ! My mum was born in London, so I can say that I have a foot in both camps; north and south.

Jo-JoB

I lived near Milnrow, Rochdale, on the border between Lancashire and Yorkshire for many years and parts of it was really nice. I lived in a 300 year old beautiful stone cottage.

Everyone one knew each other, A guy i knew had lived in Milnrow for 15 years, and they called him ''the new fella''.

Now I'm not saying there was interbreeding there, but one pub in Milnrow was so rough, it was like a scene from American Werewolf in London, where the two young lads enter the pub called ''The Slaughtered Lamb''

''Keep to the Path''

Dave and Sue

Hope Mike Harding "The Rochdale Cowboy" has a number one hit on the back of it!!          Not heard of him for years
Still living the dream after 20 years

Crystal2

Totally agree Olly.    Well done my adopted town of Rochdale.    A pity about all the bad press it has attracted in recent years.   Drive 5 minutes out from the Town Centre and you have wonderful countryside in all directions.   It is not the hell hole the press like to depict

sleepy john

Well done Rochdale. The injury time equaliser was well earned. There is no competition to compare with the FA Cup. :PDT_Armataz_01_37:

KJH3

It's in the North of England, where the best people in the world come from.

sparkiemike

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

Angleseyite

Quote from: casablanca on February 18, 2018, 19:58:07 PM
Yes it was a good game, proper cup tie and although Spurs may have just edged over the 90 minutes, but only just, am pleased Rochdale got their day at Wembley. Gracie Fields will be having a sing song tonight :13:

Spurs got their usual penalty :57:

casablanca

Yes it was a good game, proper cup tie and although Spurs may have just edged over the 90 minutes, but only just, am pleased Rochdale got their day at Wembley. Gracie Fields will be having a sing song tonight :13:

zilnor

Friends live there. They will be merry by now, celebrating a great result. Well done Rochdale. 

olly

My home team Rochdale, going to Wembley.
Really chuffed, as I've been a supporter all my life, because my Dad played for them.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.