Lady Doctor Albox Medical Center

Started by Optomist, February 18, 2018, 16:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Clare Shirley

Ive been with Sonia as she took over from the doctor that took over from Lourdes, I agree she is a good doctor and she has been the one to sort my various problems out
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Rod

My wife has good Spanish, not fluent, but has seen us through many of my health problems including TB, cateracts and a hip replacement.
We do not go to Dr. Sonia just because she speaks English as this is not essential for us but because she is a very good doctor, that is why we are happy she is back.

gingernut

We have been with Dr Azamburu for the past 12 years we can't speak Spanish ( I know what some of you clever people are going to say You should have learnt the language) Well i can assure you we tried. So we get Kat the translator no probs at all,and 9out of 10 times We get to see him.

So if you want to wait good on you ,but where your health is involved !!

On a more cheerer note31degrees tomorrow.

Rod

We went to see Sonia in Albox in May, great to see her back.

JETSKIBALA

Hi all, I know very late in the day, but is the Dr Sonia back now as it is June??? 

Also anyone know how I register with Albox, currently at Zurgena but have moved so need to re register at Albox, as I am living in Piedra Amarilla.   (Don't know if you have to do this in Huercal Overa)

I usually book online and currently my medical number is  associated with Zurgena practice so I know I have got to some something but don't know how.....HELP !!!!!!!!!!

Jellybaby

Had to go & see Sonia's stand in this morning, what a miserable man, he just grunted, asked a question got a grunt, hope I can manage to avoid the place till Sonia's back.
Jellybaby

Lynne

Quote from: Chilliport on February 19, 2018, 20:48:56 PM
Hi I was under the impression that there were English speaking doctors in Albox medical centre, is that wrong? We are just about to register there but won't if there are no English speaking doctors? Thanks

There were another two, as well as Sonia, but they have both recently left.  Dr Estaban was very nice and spoke very good English, he moved to Huercal Overa hospital recently.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Optomist

If your living in the Albox catchment area  but not going to register in Albox then where will you register .  There are signs in the reception that say , " we do not speak English , if you dont speak Spanish then please bring an interpreter with you " . English speaking doctors doesn't necessarily mean fluent English speaking but  one who understands English to varying degrees , this can sometimes be very little and not include medical terms which is the reason most will prefer to speak in Spanish .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Chilliport

Hi I was under the impression that there were English speaking doctors in Albox medical centre, is that wrong? We are just about to register there but won't if there are no English speaking doctors? Thanks

Lynne

Interesting, thanks for that information.  I'll wait until Sonia returns and buy any prescription medication myself until then, regardless of the cost.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Optomist

Quote from: Lynne on February 19, 2018, 08:22:35 AM
I've not posted any comments on this forum for over 18 months but I couldn't resist this post.

I last saw Sonia in November 2016 and she still hasn't returned.  I think she was originally given 18 months maternity leave.  The lady doctor that temporarily took over - Catalina Gonzalez Rodriguez - was very nice but 'disappeared' about two weeks ago.  She may have been ill or left the centre.  I had the misfortune to have an appointment on 6th February, which was a simple repeat prescription for one item.  This required hardly any speech whatsoever, but the request was given to this 'person' in Spanish and I handed him a copy of my previous prescription showing the item.  His name is SAUL CRESPO ORELLANA and if you ever have the misfortune to come across this poor excuse of a doctor, then I feel very sorry for you.  His whole attitude was so bad from the minute we walked through the door, no acknowledgement, didn't look at me in the face and coughed numerous times towards me without covering his mouth. I don't think he said more than 2 words in the 10 minutes I was in his room.  It would have taken Sonia less than 2 minutes to do this simple task.

He did have 'Emergencia' on his jacket so let's hope that he was just filling in until the temporary doctor returns.  If there hadn't have been a queue of 7 people waiting to go into the office that morning, I would have made a complaint about him.

Needless to say I definitely won't see him again - I'd rather change my doctor until Sonia hopefully/eventually returns.

The reason for my post was to find out if possible if Catalina or Sonia would be returning , if not we will be taking our friend to the Medical center to see if we can change doctors for ourselves and the friend we accompanied . He will be a qualified doctor and as were not have no reason to question his competence but his manor leaves a lot to be desired .

Is there any particular doctor that anyone would suggest , preferably an English speaker , our friend doesn't speak Spanish and last week we just happened to see her in the reception area confused and distressed , she couldent get an interperator at short notice and felt very unwell so went there in the hope someone would help her , it was fortunate we were leaving and noticed her , we made an appointment for her and as soon as she went into this doctor he said she should not be there , he gave her a note and said she should go immediately to A&E in Huercal Overa with no explanation  . She would normally see Sonia or Catalina but if they are not going to return were hoping there will be an English speaking male or female doctor she can see if she finds herself in a similar situation again .

UPDATE . We have just returned from the Medical Center and the guy in the office was extremely candid and helpful . We learnt that the Lady doctor standing in for Sonia has now left and wont be returning , the doctor from Chile will remain until Sonia returns in May . Anyone wishing to change rather than wait until Sonia returns are being told that they can change doctors if they wish however they will not be allowed to change back after Sonia returns , we got the impression many others have already either changed or expressed a desire to and they were discouraging people from doing so . We were told one Doctor in the center spoke a bit of English but as we dont know any of them so it seemed to make more sense to make the best of the situation until Sonia returned rather than be stuck with someone with a similar manner to the one we have now and be left wishing we had held on .

Lynne

I've not posted any comments on this forum for over 18 months but I couldn't resist this post.

I last saw Sonia in November 2016 and she still hasn't returned.  I think she was originally given 18 months maternity leave.  The lady doctor that temporarily took over - Catalina Gonzalez Rodriguez - was very nice but 'disappeared' about two weeks ago.  She may have been ill or left the centre.  I had the misfortune to have an appointment on 6th February, which was a simple repeat prescription for one item.  This required hardly any speech whatsoever, but the request was given to this 'person' in Spanish and I handed him a copy of my previous prescription showing the item.  His name is SAUL CRESPO ORELLANA and if you ever have the misfortune to come across this poor excuse of a doctor, then I feel very sorry for you.  His whole attitude was so bad from the minute we walked through the door, no acknowledgement, didn't look at me in the face and coughed numerous times towards me without covering his mouth. I don't think he said more than 2 words in the 10 minutes I was in his room.  It would have taken Sonia less than 2 minutes to do this simple task.

He did have 'Emergencia' on his jacket so let's hope that he was just filling in until the temporary doctor returns.  If there hadn't have been a queue of 7 people waiting to go into the office that morning, I would have made a complaint about him.

Needless to say I definitely won't see him again - I'd rather change my doctor until Sonia hopefully/eventually returns.

Rod

My wife and I are registered with Sonia and have been since she came to Albox. Sorry but I have seen many doctors, the Chile one the other day, a Romanian lady, the Spanish one you mentioned and many, many others.

Optomist

Quote from: Rod on February 18, 2018, 20:00:55 PM
We know why Sonai is away but it seems an excessive time even for maternity leave. I have seen at least 6 different doctors while she has been away and it is not the same as having your regular doctor.

Yes , i agree , its not the same at all but the Lady replacement is very good and until 2 weeks ago she was the only one we have seen . I dont understand why you have seen others unless your not registered with Sonia or they have been making appointments for you with one of the others in the center .

Rod

We know why Sonai is away but it seems an excessive time even for maternity leave. I have seen at least 6 different doctors while she has been away and it is not the same as having your regular doctor.

Optomist

Sonia is on a leave as she was expecting a baby and will now be on maternity leave , her name is still shown on the door and online appointments for anyone registered with her which would indicate she will be back eventually . There has only been one doctor that i am aware of while Sonia has been away using her office and seeing her patients and is also a lady doctor who has been there for every visit we have been to while Sonia has been away .

The guy last week and the previous week is from Chile , we have not seen him before and we are there monthly for ourselves or accompanying friends .

Rod

Sonia has not been there for over a year and whenever we have visited the health centre have nearly always had a different doctor.

Optomist

The lady Doctor that has been standing in for Dr Sonia Burgos for the last few months was not in the medical center the week before last , there was a male doctor from Chile . Cant seem to find out if he is the replacement for Sonias replacement or just temporary . Neither the office or reception could give any information , either they didnt know or didnt want to say  . Has anyone any information as a friend is reluctant to see the male doctor again .