Closest fuente to Zurgena/Arboleas that is potable.

Started by G and T, February 16, 2018, 18:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenny911

Its a Thursday in La Perla, Arboleas

Roger

Reminds me of when I was camping in North Wales.
The locals assured us that the stream was fresh clean mountain water.
So in the morning we brewed up with the water.
Then off we went to climb the mountain, only to discover a  dead sheep in the nice clean mountain stream.

The moral being, what is drinkable yesterday may not be today.

So I use water from the Sierra Nevadas, delivered to my local Coveran, after being tested in a laboratory.

cgmaywood

The water tanker is usually in Alfoquia on a Monday afternoon around 4.  Have seen a few people waiting outside CAT Services for him.

Chrissy

G and T

Karen4

The only one we know of is through Albox and out past the tennis club for a bit, then down a lane on the right. Failing that, if it's just extra drinking water in Arboleas, you can get your containers filled very cheaply by the man who comes round the village with his water tanker every week. It might be a Thursday, I'm not sure, but I'm sure someone else will know?
Cl3880

G and T

Unfortunately, that fuente in Llanos del Peral is not potable, this has been confirmed with the townhall, henace my request. So, still looking I guess.

Richard.

macc

That probably is the nearest one Byrney, the one you describe just past los llanos is a nice clean fuente, good strong flow, and easy to fill up. It is very close to where the rambla meets the road. You will see a small amount of water crossing the tarmac in the rambla dip, just stay left onto the rambla.

byrney

I think the closest one is at Llanos del Peral - past La Vida Bar and keep going until there is a fork where you go right.

About half a mile on the left hand side there is a fuente with a little picnic area.

G and T