Second roundabout- La Alfoquia

Started by byrney, February 15, 2018, 11:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

I agree Jonno.  The junction at the Corner Bar has been made an "accident waiting to happen" - due to the totally unnecessary remarking.

All that needs to happen is for the junction to be returned to it's original state rather than wasting more money on yet another pointless roundabout.

Having said that, if the scheme is to provide temporary local employment then that is fine by me - although, as has been said, there are plenty more projects which could be progressed to serve the same purpose.

jonno

Apart from all the correct comments about waste of money etc etc, this actually is a step forward - the bend near the corner bad is very difficult to negotiate. I know it was a problem caused by Ayuntamiento but at least it looks like it will be corrected - long overdue!

raysun

Thank goodness for that lynden. I have a doctors appointment.
No need to go now if it never comes.

Lynden

You're right Hogs......whenever anyone asks about Spain and why this or that can't be done....it's just the manana attitude that prevails.....and as the song goes tomorrow never comes.

raysun

This is spain. Just love it for what it is warts and all.  Beats bradford any day. Sorry no offence to bradford. Enjoy.

Lynden

Quote from: lorrydriver on February 18, 2018, 16:40:04 PM
The money should be spent on giving nurses and doctors proper wages and contracts at HO they are all spanish and being treated badly.

The new San Javier airport is already 'to go' but no application was made for air space
Sorry I was being a bit obtuse.....Corvera Airport isn't the only one in Spain built without any proper foresight.
The roundabouts and junction changes in La Alfoquia have been unnecessary and a total waste of public funds....nothing to do with what any ethnic or migrant status. They money could and should have been spent elsewhere.....there are a myriad of infrastructure projects in Zurgena district requiring attention.

lorrydriver

The money should be spent on giving nurses and doctors proper wages and contracts at HO they are all spanish and being treated badly.

The new San Javier airport is already 'to go' but no application was made for air space

bagwash

They won't like that description,  the lets try and implenent the British way as much as possible brigade.
Immigrants ! No not us.

macc

The works been carried out by the councils, and i assume it is employing local Spanish trades people, or people on the dole. Why does it seem to bother the immigrants so much.

Lynden

Quote from: lorrydriver on February 18, 2018, 09:38:44 AM
Council decided the cost for the engine on top of tunnel was too expensive!!!!! bit like building airport and not applying for air space till after!!!!!!

Crikey where did that happen???.........  :hee20hee20hee:

lorrydriver

Council decided the cost for the engine on top of tunnel was too expensive!!!!! bit like building airport and not applying for air space till after!!!!!!

sleepy john

They're supposed to be putting a railway engine on the first roundabout. Perhaps they'll put concorde on the second one. LA will become the centre of the tourist industry.

Lynden

Now don't you go casting aspersions on the metropolis of The Almanzora Valley......peeps might get upset :72:

sparkiemike

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

lorrydriver

All this unnecesary  :91: money should be going to put the situ at the hospital back where it was

tandas

This would have been the best place for the first one!  Turning into Basingstoke!

byrney

Well, following months of speculation, rumour and downright gossip, it has been confirmed that La Alfoquia is to become the proud owner of a second roundabout.

Clearly Zurgena Council viewed with envy the economic growth which has happened in it's neighbouring Authority, Arboleas, following the introduction of multitudinous roundabouts, and has decided to jump on the bandwagon.

Apparently it is going to be located at the Corner Bar junction.

I suppose it saves admitting that the redesign of the current junction was a complete cock-up and that the priorities should be re-instated to what they were before.