Repair of faulty gas water heater under warranty?

Started by uslot, February 13, 2018, 18:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

Cl3880

uslot

They telephoned this morning, came round half an hour later. Had to replace the boiler bit, not a problem as he had one in his van. I think less than 48hrs is a pretty good service.

uslot

We went to the shop. They said that someone will be in contact in the next couple of days to make an appointment to come to the house. They phoned the manufacturer while we were there.

Thanks everyone, we'll let you know what happens.

Rtis

Always better to buy locally if possible . Also who installed the water heater ? if you done it yourself you could have a problem .

Elgin

MediaMarkt are pretty good, I have returned a 1 year old tablet and they got it fixed.  Their instructions for faulty goods are to go to your nearest store for advice or to contact them via their contact/help page at https://specials.mediamarkt.es/contacto This tells you all the contact options including, email, phone, Facebook Messenger and Twitter.  I would suggest contacting them first before returning it as they may send somebody out.

Karen4

It would be worth getting a friend who speaks Spanish to make the call for you. Don't forget to exercise your consumer rights under EU law - your contract is always with the seller, it's THEIR contract that is with the manufacturer, so it's up to the seller to put things right for you.
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/consumers/shopping/guarantees-returns/spain/index_en.htm
Cl3880

uslot

Hello. Has anyone any experience having a faulty boiler repaired under warranty?

We have a just under 1 year old water boiler. Bought from Media markt. It has a water leak in the boiler part and needs repair/ replacement.

Does anyone know how we go about repairing it? Do we take it back to the shop or would they send out a plumber to look at it in situ?

I have sent 2 emails but no reply. Telephone number is too fast with press 5 for this etc. My fault not having enough Spanish I know!

Thanks.