Wills

Started by Jellybaby, February 09, 2018, 13:29:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

It would be sensible to have both and English and Spanish Will in any event.  Could save potentially a lot of problems at what will inevitably an extremely stressful period.  Again, Amanda is the one for the job.

Jellybaby

Hi Amanda, thank you for the information, I've just informed my friend, she appreciates your help & saysthank you very much.

Jellybaby

tandas

Perhaps it would be wise to have separate accounts with a small amount to cover you in the event.  Savings for instance that you don't touch until needed.

packard

Sometimes questions are best not asked. Form your own conclusion from Amandas reply.

jonno

Amanda
How quickly are we "required" to inform them. Could we for example clear a fair chunk out of the account first? Thanks.

Amanda Oakley

Hi

In the event of "death", banks are obliged (once they are informed) to freeze half the joint account until the Will is verified and tax declarations presented....... this simply ensures that the share belonging to the "deceased", is allocated to the "rightful" beneficiary......
I hope this helps.
Regards
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

Jellybaby

Hi, thanks for the replies to my post.

casablanca

Quote from: Karen4 on February 09, 2018, 13:35:38 PM
I would recommend you go and see Amanda Oakley at ALO Services in Zurgena, as she s extremely experienced in this area.

Good advice.

Karen4

I would recommend you go and see Amanda Oakley at ALO Services in Zurgena, as she s extremely experienced in this area.
Cl3880

Jellybaby

Can anyone enlighten me, I have been told that if anything happens to either me or my husband our joint bank account will be frozen until the will is sorted, as we have problems with the legality of our land this would not be possible until this problem is sorted. Can anyone help, it is obviously not an immediate problem but would be helpful not just to us but to others. We have a friend with this problem at the moment, which has prompted this question. Thank you ifor any help forthcoming
Jellybaby